He's A Bad Boy

He grunted throwing the second bottle of Hennessy down on the shiny hard wood floor making it shatter. He was totally unaware of his actions, and just wished that his Bestfriend would come over in a hurry.

"Hello," He could hear the loud background filled with loud future music and huffed, although he was intoxicated he knew that she was studying and probably around those no good friends of hers that encouraged her to try and do things that were completely out of character, "Guys please keep it down! Odell?"

"Bestfrieeeendddd," he laughed leaning on the white walls of the bathroom right next to the toilet. "This ma' fuckin' bes'frand fa' life?"

"Odell, where are you?" She hit her friend softly on the shoulder indicating for her to turn the loud music down.

"I'm at home. Whea' ya at? Ya at a party and
yeen invite me? Daaaaaamnnn dats foul-"

His sentence was cut short as he gagged and vomited.

"Odell?"

The line was dead silent.

"Odell?"

"What's wrong with him?" Tanya asked looking at her friend worriedly.

"Ode-"

"Ion wanna be hea' no mo'. Come get me please." His voice cracked slightly.

"Here I come okay?"

"Oka-" The line went dead. And she hurriedly stood up sliding on Tanya's Nikes.

"I'll be back, in about twenty minutes. If mom comes tell her I'm at the mall or something."

Tanya nodded and smiled weakly, "Becareful."

She sped down the clear roads as a low sad tune played on the radio.

Perfect timing. Literally.

Odell was falling apart slowly. Football was the only thing he had. Drugs has gotten him kicked out of his mothers house. Well selling them of course.

The front door flew open as she turned the knob to the unlocked door and fled in. She spotted Odell upstairs next to the staircase smiling at the ceiling as a bag of Xanax laid on his stomach.

"Odell, how many pills did you take?" I asked struggling to help him to his feet.

"Dis' ma' baybeh," he grabbed my face looking at me, "Why you break up wit me."

I shook my head, "Where's your room?"

He smiled pointing down the hall with is arm draped over my shoulder.

"Oh ma' gosh," he said slapping his hands on either side of his cheeks as I laid him down on his bed.

"What?"

"Whea' ma' bes' fuckin fran'? She said she was comin' ta' see me. You gotta go! She not gon wanna see you hea'!"

"Odell its me," I grabbed his face letting him focus in on me, "Bes'frand!' When you get hea'?"

"I've been here Odell, I feel like you need some rehab or something because I'm worried about you. You know at the rate you're going you gonna get kicked off the football team, you get high everyday and I know you're hurt because you've gotta stay here and Loraine broke up with you but you really needa to step your game up. I'm only telling you this, because I love you, you know?"

It was silent.

"Odell?" I looked back to see him sprawled across his bed.

Slumped.