Chapter 2: Faint flame

PewDie's POV(Very short)
I woke the next morning in the couch, blinking sleepily. I sat up, then noticed the other sleeping against the couch. His head was lowered, and he snored softly.
He looked so... Peaceful.
I smiled slightly, playing with his messy hair a bit before realizing what I was doing. I pulled away and got up, moving the masked one onto the couch. I was tempted to remove his mask, but didn't, heading to the kitchen to cook. I decided on Eggs with a side of Nutella Toast, as I knew Cry loved Nutella. Simply from how much he talked about it in his videos and our chats.
When I finished, I set them on plates at the table, making it even between the two.
Then I sat down to wait, watching him. I was rather curious about what he was dreaming about, as he was moving around a bit now, and mumbling.

Cry's POV(Dream, short)
In the dream, I was back at home. Nate was with me, and we were playing games. I was going to move out soon from home, since I was finally 18. But a lot of things happened that day. They haunted me, and created nightmares.
That day, I was kidnapped and taken to a lab.
It all began normally.
We were doing our normal thing, and I just finished recording our round of Worms to post on my channel. I heard his comment with my real name as well and swore silently.
Shit! I thought, People are going to know it now!
I sighed then, and just spoke with him. He then left my room, and I went to finish packing my things. My usually messy room was now completely empty, other than the bed, my laptop with game equipment and all my boxes.
I sat down on the bed, looking around. I was going somewhere new. Finally moving out of this abusive home... Too bad I had to leave Nate behind.
I walked to the window, wanting to remove my stickers from it that I kept on there all this time. I wanted to erase my existence from this house, other than the memories within my family.
As I picked off my stickers, I noticed something in the faint reflection, and stared for a moment in confusion. I then shook it off as my imagination and returned to my job before someone grabbed me from behind, piercing my neck with what felt like a needle.
They injected the liquid inside, and I blacked out. When I woke up, I was in a lab, which is where my dream transferred to.
My body was lying there and I was half conscious, fading in and out. They were doing things to me, but at that time I didn't know what. I still don't, actually, but I had to keep my mask on after that. I wasn't normal anymore.
Then came the part where my body felt like it was being torn apart, while the change inside was happening.
Before I could understand anything, I woke up, sitting up fast on the couch.
I looked at myself, confused for a moment on where I was. Last I remember, I was beside the couch, not on it. And I felt... Odd.

"So you woke up!" I could hear Felix say, going to my side from what was the kitchen.
"I made breakfast."
I didn't speak, trying to forget the dream.

Felix's POV

I heard Cry whimper, then looked over to see him sit up sharply.
"So you woke up!" I stood and walked over, concerned.
"I made breakfast."
I didn't get a response, and that worried me more.
I walked around to face him, looking at his bright blue eyes through the mask and glasses. I was surprised he even wore glasses. His eyes were faded, but then he blinked and they got brighter.
"Hmm?" He looked confused, as though he didn't hear me.
"I made breakfast. It's kinda cold now, I hope you don't mind."
"Fuck yes! Wait, you can cook?" He sounded surprised and happy.
"Yeah. After I left home, I kinda had to learn how. I'm not great at cooking though."
"You still can cook. That's impressive." He looked at me. "I can't cook worth a shit. I'm always buying my food pre made."
"I didn't know that." I thought a bit then smirked lightly. "I can teach you, like I taught Marzia some."
And again no response.
I huffed and stood up again. "Come on. Better eat up, then we can think of what to do for the day."
I wanted to forget Marzia, and mentioning her like I had made my heart hurt. We never fought so much before.
I went to the table and sat down, waiting for him to follow.
He did, and sat down where I set the other plate.
"Thanks for the food, Pewds." He said with a smile in his voice.
"No problem." I grinned at him, and he quickly began to eat, adjusting his mask some to do so.
I saw his mouth and chin properly then. It was as though it was sculpted by a professional then put on a person.
I stared without realizing it and he looked up at me again.
"What? Is there something on my mask?"
"Ah! No." I blushed lightly as I realized what I had been doing, then bowed my head to eat in silence, my cheeks reddening.

Cry's POV

After I regained myself, I noticed he was staring at me, sitting next to me on the couch.
Did he see my eyes? I was worried he had and confused as I forgot what he said before which would lead to the worried staring.
"Hmm?"
"I made breakfast." He repeated. "It's kinda cold now, I hope you don't mind."
I smiled at that. "Fuck yes!" I then realized something. I didn't know he cooked.
"Wait, you can cook?"
"Yeah. After I left home, I kinda had to learn how. I'm not great at cooking though." His cheeks were a little red at that. Did he blush at being commented about cooking?
"You can still cook. That's impressive." I said. I couldn't, really. I normally had pizza or pre made stuff then heated it. "I can't cook worth a shit. I'm always buying my food pre made."
"I didn't know that."
I noticed he smirked then.
"I can teach you, like I taught Marzia some."
That made me blush and angry at the same time, so I didn't respond.
He then stood up with a huff of annoyance. "Come on. We better eat up, then we can think of what to do for the day."
I stood as he walked back into the kitchen, following him. I noticed he sat at one plate, so I sat at the other. I noticed Nutella on the toast.
Fuck yes! Nutella! I thought to myself, really happy.
"Thanks for the food, Pewds." I said, seeming calm though it seemed my smile showed through from the look in his eyes.
"No problem." I heard him reply with a grin.
I blushed a bit again and grabbed a piece of toast as I used my free hand to adjust my mask, showing only my lips.
I began munching on it, then noticed him staring. I swallowed what I had in my mouth before looking at him.
"What? Is there something on my mask?" I hoped not.
"Ah! No." He seemed flustered as he started to eat.

Once we finished, I sat down on the couch, breathing out happily. "That was so good~"
He chuckled. "You're welcome, Cry."
I looked over at him, as he turned on the tv.
"So what do you wanna do?"
I thought some then remembered about our first game together.

"Why don't we play Portal?"