01: Lack of Virtue

Start from the beginning

They laughed because she was different, they teased her because she was not like them and they resented her for it. She was unable to conform to the standards of society and they belittled her for this very issue.

The young adult had hated Wells for what he had done to her, for what he created, hell she had even tried to kill him more times that she had slept, but sadly the speedster had stopped her every time. Now, she had fallen into the life of crime... Stealing and killing had become her main source of income and the one way she could survive due to the curse she had received. Who would give her a job? Seriously.

The only positive aspect was her increased agility and stealth, allowing her to enter and leave without being caught. Without anyone realising she had ever actually been inside their home. Being a criminal had never felt so easy, she could do so much more now she had abilities but she missed the sun, but she was too much of a coward to ignore others opinions and beliefs.

Those who locked eyes with her may have mistaken her as a vigilante in her black, slick getup. Most of what she wore had been stolen or paid with the spoils of a heist but no matter what, they were hers and she would not be seen wearing anything but that. Clarissa's get up included: A pair of black, little material, shorts that covered a small portion of her legs, allowing her creamy pale thighs to show; showing her legs was more of a distraction technique than a fashion statement. The true fashion statement was her knee high jet ebony, leather stilettos boots that somehow she was able to run in.

Clarissa's upper half sported a simple black long sleeved top, but her most prized article of clothing had to be her floor length thick winter coat that had an oversized hood that had the inside lined with dark tufts of fur, keeping her ears warm. Which she was able to pull over her head to mask her small, ginger, cat ears.

Her facial features were normally hidden behind a black cat mask that she had snatched from a party store. The female had adapted it by adding a metal frame to it and that too had to be a shade of black. Everything had to blend with the night, meaning her vibrant mop of curls had to been pulled back into a braid, yet they defied the bobble.

Lastly, she had topped her outfit off with two gun holders on either thigh and multiple knives, all located in secret compartments. Clarissa was, in fact, a force to be reckoned with and with the insanity she could not control, one wrong move would end up with a slit throat or a dagger to the retina.

"Mhm, what's a girl got to do to get a good emerald around here?" She purred as a grin grew upon her red painted lips, the night had been a real bust with nothing more than a couple of notes she had snatched out of a wallet.

The cat-like woman flipped backwards and plopped down onto the ground, effortlessly, her legs crossed over and shortly after she extended her retractible diamond-like claws. In boredom, she grazed them against the pebbly ground, oh how she enjoyed the scratching sound it produced. The night like previously stated was a bust and it was far too late in the night to steal the emerald, the wardens would have changed their shifts by now ruining her small chance of slipping in, stealing it and getting out unnoticed.

Suddenly, her ears perked upwards to the sound of footprints coming towards her... They were soft but frequent as if they believed they were going to successfully sneak up on a cat. Clarissa's mouth grew into a Cheshire grin as she pretended to be oblivious to the sound coming towards her.

The woman's slender hand reached to her gun, her entire body in glee that she was about to finally shoot someone, it had been a while since she had pulled the trigger, and she wanted to put the fool in their place. In a singular motion, Clarissa had stood up and pointed the barrel of the gun directly at the males head, ready to pull the trigger and send the metal bullet right into the idiot.