3 | Promises

Beginne am Anfang

"I-I guess not." She finally said. Before I could say anything else, Raini and Calum both walk over to us.

"Let's head to the living room. We can sit down and chat in there. I have a million questions about the family, Ross." Raini says, grabbing Laura by the arm. I watch as they walk away, totally not staring at Laura's ass.

"Crush coming back?" Calum whispers, nudging my arm. I stare at him. "Don't act like you're surprised. I can definitely tell when you like someone." Sighing, I push myself off the counter and follow in the direction Raini and Laura went. Quickly, I make a move for the spot beside Laura before raining could sit down.

"Wow, okay, I see how it is. You don't want to sit beside me, buddy?" Calum asks, totally making me give him the cut it out look. He just chuckles and sits on a chair that Raini pulled in closer. She sits on an identical chair across from Calum.

"So, how are the nephews?" Raini asks, looking directly at me. Smiling, I twirl the ring around on my finger.

"They're both great. Noah just turned a month old last week and I actually got to spend a day with him by myself. He's a puker, by the way." I pause and itch my chin. "And Jackson is the cutest blondie around. He's turning one next month. Oh, and no one but the family knows this, but Rydel's pregnant." They all aw.

"Oh my goodness, I feel so bad for missing their wedding. And Riker and Savannah's." Laura says, placing her hand on my thigh. Shit. Fuck. Help me. I look at Calum and widen my eyes. He just chuckles and shakes his head.

"I-it's okay. You were on tour." Both times.

The conversation took a turn. Raini told us all about Antonio and how they moved in last year together and how Laura is one of her for four bridesmaids. Calum then told us about his most recent movie and about his wife and daughter. Then Laura told us about her sister and her sisters husband, plus her niece and nephew.

"Hey, that's a cute bracelet." Raini says, pointing to Laura's wrist. I look down at her wrist, where she had a black stringed bracelet with a cute pearl looking thing with a design. Why do I sound so fucking girly?

"Aw, thanks. My niece picked it out. We have matching ones." Smiling slightly, I lock eyes with Laura. I wish... I wish I could just kiss her. She gives me a returning smile before looking back at Raini. "So, did we all want to take a picture and put it on Twitter or Instagram?" Raini's smile widens.

"Yeah. Get together." I stand up and sit on the ground in front of Raini, Calum goes around back and puts his head beside hers, and Laura sits on the arm rest of the chair. We take a few, and I told Raini to send the one of the three of them smiling and me, well, half smiling I guess.

@Raini_Rodriguez: We've been reunited!!! @rossR5 @lauramarano @CalumWorthy videos to come, lovlies😍😘 <pic>

@CalumWorthy: The Fearsome Foursome is back! @Raini_Rodriguez @lauramarano @rossR5 <pic>

@lauramarano: Six years is too long to be apart 💕 missed my family @CalumWorthy @Raini_Rodriguez @rossR5 <pic>

@rossR5: Missed these weirdos a lot. Much needed overdue get together @lauramarano @Raini_Rodriguez @CalumWorthy <pic>

"Hey, Ross? Why did you and Courtney break up?" Calum suddenly asks.

"Oh my gosh! I actually ran into Courtney the other day at Ulta." My eyes widen at what Laura says. Let's just say, I explained to Courtney the day after we broke up about how I felt towards Laura. She actually wished me good luck... "Oh, don't worry, she was super sweet." Sighing of relief, I lean back against the couch and fix my beanie.