Chapter Forty Seven

The morning that followed the horrific night was slow and relaxing, now that the worst of the excitement was over. Ratchet was under multiple blankets, curled up, recharging on he and Optimus's berth, his wounds tended to and bandaged from the night before. Right when they had returned to the base, Optimus immediately helped him fix the broken clasp, and patch up his bleeding wounds. Sky Rocket was taken in, tended to, and provided with a room to sleep in, but as a precaution, wore cuffs on her wrists until the next morning. She didn't seem bothered, and accepted it in understanding. All the bots had gone to their quarters after that. Now Ratchet slowly woke, opening his optics and yawning before sitting up. Optimus wasn't there... probably got up much earlier. He laid there for a moment, then tossed the blankets off and stood, stretched, and headed for the door, and exited the room. Immediately he went to Lightswipe's room, opening the door and smiling as his gaze fell upon the recharging sparkling, who was kicking one tiny ped slightly while she dreamt. He walked over and gazed down at her, before reaching down and brushing her servo with one digit gently. Lightswipe shifted slightly, curling her digits subconsciously in response, making a small sound. "Light," Ratchet breathed softly, tilting his helm a bit. "Wake up, little one..." The femling shifted again, this time lazily opening one optic, and whining quietly. After a moment she opened both optics and yawned, before her gaze met her carrier's, and she gave a squeal and giggled, reaching up towards him. Ratchet's smile grew, and he gently picked her up, as she fully woke and began to squirm excitedly. "I missed you, Light." He laughed as she hugged his neck happily. "Were you good for your Sire while I was gone?"

"Sqwua!" Lightswipe chirped in response, giggling. Ratchet carried her out into the hall, and towards the main hangar, quietly stepping into the room and looking around. Sky Rocket was sitting on a bench, her restraints removed, quietly answering to Optimus, who stood nearby, clearly interrogating her, from both of their expressions. Arcee, Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were listening from the other side of the room, all standing near eachother and talking quietly. Ratchet waited a moment before clearing his throat, taking a couple more steps into the room. Optimus immediately looked up, as did the others. Sky Rocket was the first to reach him, though. She leapt up and zoomed over in a blur, stopping in front of him.

"Oh my goodness, is this the lil' one?" She asked excitedly, gesturing to Lightswipe. Ratchet smiled at her and nodded. "Ah, gosh... she's just the cutest lil' thing, Ratch! Look at those big, beautiful optics... She's adorable!" Her gaze flicked up to meet Ratchet's. "Can I hold her?"

"Of course." Ratchet nodded, gently setting Lightswipe in Sky's arms, who immediately took her, grinning.

"Hello, lil' cutie!" She laughed. "Your so dang pretty!" Lightswipe observed her carefully, before bursting into a fit of giggles and squeaking happily, appearing comfortable with the femme holding her. "What's her name, Ratch?" Sky looked at him again.

"Lightswipe." Ratchet replied, watching with amusement. He then noticed Optimus had come over, and was standing near Sky Rocket, watching with doubt and mistrust, questioning Lightswipe's safety with the Decepticon. Ratchet sent a small wave of reassurance over the bond, earning his mate's attention. "I trust her." He said, with a small gesture.

Optimus glanced at Sky Rocket again, before slowly nodding. "Alright." He agreed, then stepped over to Ratchet, examining him. "How are you feeling?"

"A little sore... but I'll be fine." Ratchet glanced down at the bandaged scorch marks across his middle. "It might take a while to heal, though..." He sighed.

A sad look crossed Optimus's face, and a tinge of regret came from his side of the bond. "I'm greatly sorry..." He said softly, resting one servo on his shoulder. "This is my fault... I should've been able to call Megatron's bluff."

"It's alright, Optimus. I'm fine, and I'm home. That's all that matters." Ratchet smiled, shaking his helm. "Don't worry about it." He glanced at Sky Rocket as she backed up a few steps and sat down on the floor with Lightswipe, and set her down so she could crawl and mess around. The femling giggled and tackled Sky's abdomen, making the medic laugh. "Neither of us are in danger of Megatron again for the time being..." Ratchet shifted closer to Optimus. The Prime gently took his servo and led him over to the med bay, siting him down and taking a seat behind him, away from the others.

"Did we cover all your wounds last night?" He asked softly, as his gaze scanned his mate. Ratchet nodded.

"Yes, and you got the shock collar off... thank Primus. I hated that the most." Ratchet growled, shaking his helm. "It was awful."

"That upset me... I'm sorry they treated you like that... like a possession, or a pet... I wish I could have reached you sooner." Optimus sighed, his troubled gaze falling to his lap. "I should've protected you."

Ratchet gently thwacked him in the back of the helm. "No. Optimus, do not blame yourself. I won't tolerate it." He said firmly, when Optimus sent him a baffled look. "It could've happened to any of us... and no one is to blame. We can't always avoid the plans of our enemies."

Optimus stared at him for a moment, before smiling ever so slightly, and wrapping an arm around his mate's waist, pulling him in close against his own frame. "I still feel guilty for it, but, you make a compelling case, and I don't dare argue." He murmured, his gaze on his mate's face, who huffed and rolled his optics.

"You better not argue." Ratchet muttered, before turning his helm into his mate and snuggling up against him with a sigh. A small smile crossed his lips after a moment. "I missed you..." He said softly, closing his optics.

"You have no idea how distressed I was." Optimus watched him, smile fading. "Feeling every bit of your pain, feeling the terror you went through... and not being able to help you." He turned his helm away with a sigh, optics lost in thought. "And... I do have one question..."

"Yes...?" Ratchet looked up at him.

Optimus seemed hesitant to ask. "The... broken clasp on your armor. Something had to have happened, and I felt your fear and distress as it happened. Did Megatron...-"

"No! No, he... passed out before he actually did anything... other than kiss me and scratch my fraggin' leg..." Ratchet shook his helm and reassured. "Thank Primus..."

"I was worried he had succeeded..." Optimus brought his gaze back to meet that of his mate's. Before Ratchet could respond, a shrill giggle of excitement cast over both of them, coming from they're sparkling, attracting their attention. Sky Rocket was laying on the floor as Lightswipe tackled and crawled all over her, squeaking and chirping happily.

"Primus strike me down, this lil' femme is the cutest I've ever seen." The medic laughed, looking over at Ratchet and Optimus. "You two made a great lil' sparklin'." Ratchet smiled.

"Thank you." He replied, glancing at Optimus, who nodded in agreement.

"Oh, Optimus... I hope I'm not makin' you uncomfortable. I shoulda made sure you were comfortable with me being around her before I started playin'." Sky Rocket apologized, her gaze shifting to him.

"If Ratchet trusts you, then I do." Optimus answered warmly, smiling at her. "She seems to like you."

"Ah, I'm a kid person." Sky Rocket laughed as Light wrapped herself around the medic's ankle, wrestling it. Ratchet watched in amusement, an affectionate look in his optics. He was finally home, with his mate and sparkling, and they managed to save Sky Rocket... thank Primus they got out of there alive. But, he needn't worry about that now... they were safe.