Chapter Five

"Psssst. Ratchet." A digit poked Ratchet's cheek. "Raaaaaatchet. Wake up."

The medic opened his optics with a agitated groan. "What is it Orion?!" He glared at the archivist, who was standing next to the berth poking him. "For Primus' sake! Someone had better be dying!"

"Y-You need to see this..." Orion said in a panicked whisper, his optics wide with terror.

Ratchet sat up immediately. "What? What's wrong?" He demanded.

"Just... Just come with me." Orion took his servo and led him out of the berthroom, down the hall, and outside. Ratchet went with him in silence, wearing a puzzled expression. Until he saw what was in the middle of the road.

Three dead mechs, all in a stack with a flag pole stabbed through them, and on the flag, a purple insignia. Mechs and femmes gathered around, whispering to eachother, all wearing horrified expressions.

Ratchet's spark skipped a beat. He jerked his servo from Orion and ran to the gruesome scene, dropping to his knees in front off the lifeless husks, taking one's arm and checking for a pulse desperately in the wrist. He knew he wouldn't find one, but he did it anyway. Sadly, he pulled his servos away from the dead mechs, arms trembling.

"Wh-Who... Who did this?" Ratchet whispered, as Orion rushed over lowered to one knee beside him, putting a servo on his shoulder.

"Witnesses say there were three mechs- a grey seeker, a faceless gladiator and..." He trailed off, lowering his gaze, squeezing his optics shut and withdrawing his servo, "and... M-M-Megatronus... They came in at night, putting up a few signs. They were scheduling a meet, to form a group called the Decepticons... and these three mechs tried too..." His breath became shaky and he curled in on himself slightly. "I-I... I didn't mean for this..."

Ratchet put one servo on his shoulder and the other on his lower arm. "Orion this isn't your fault... You couldn't have known he would do this."

A femme strode up behind them, a servo on her hip. "Move it mechs. This crime scene is only accessible by the authorities." It was then that they noticed all the other mechs and femmes had left, and some investigators had come in. "Please leave the area."

Ratchet pulled Orion to his peds, who was still broken down. "Yes Miss... Uh... Do you happen to know what... the Decepticons are?"

She narrowed her optics at him. "Classified."

"Apparently it isn't if this is what's going to happen!" Ratchet argued, gesturing to the dead mechs.

The femme sighed, rubbing her temple. "Look, after a meeting with the high council, this gladiator turned cold. He's started a large group called the Decepticons." She pointed to the insignia. "That's their symbol. Anyway, their leaving scenes like this all over... they've taken a portion of Kaon already... The gladiator that started this says that... war is coming. So," she turned her back to them, "I'd lay low for a few days."

"Thank you." Ratchet nodded in appreciation before leading Orion back into his housing unit, sitting the shattered archivist down on the couch.

"I-I-It's all my fault..." Orion whispered, hugging himself. "It's all my fault...."

"No! N-No." Ratchet stood in front of him, putting his servos on his mate's. "None of this is your fault." He removed one servo before comming Nightdaze. "Night, I won't be in today. I need to stay home and work out some issues."

::Don't come in at all!:: She hissed over the com link. ::The authorities came in and took our best doctors... says that they need them on the battle field. Field Medics Ratchet, their taking Field Medics!::