Chapter 15: Rolling In The Deep

It was soon when I found out that the people that had kidnapped me were Hydra, not exactly the Greek Mythology creature that I once learned about.

It was the group of people that were enemies with a certain Captain America. I learned this when one day they pushed me into the room full of people in labcoats.

They dragged me toward this table and that's when I dug my heel in and fought, two guys were holding me as I was dragged.

They strapped me down, but no matter what I struggled and almost got free as a scientist got a syringe full of a blue liquid.

I was scared. I was terrified actually and that hasn't happened since I ran away from Gabe. I didn't think I would ever get this scared.

But here I was, strapped down to a metal table where people in lab coats and clipboards were all around watching me, waiting for whatever they were going to do with that syringe.

I actually bite on of the people who had to hold me down, made him bleed and felt a small amount of pleasure when there was a bite indent in his arm.

That slowly moved away as I was injected in the neck, my eyesight went fuzzy and everything was slowly going away.

I felt dizzy as the room slowly spun and had to close my eyes from puking. My tongue went dry, my throat closed up.

Then suddenly things assaulted me, the smell of beer on someone's breath, the way I knew I was laying on an iron table just with a feel of under my hand, the train that was going by the abandoned warehouse I was in, the blueberry shake I had two weeks before, or the way I could see a four month old coffee stain on someone's undershirt that was 10 meters away from me.

Everything was spinning again, my gut twisted painfully. I could feel the straps that were holding me down were taken off.

Once they were I leaned on the side and threw up but I still could feel the twisting. I groaned and felt a pinch in my arm and just knew it was a syringe taking me blood.

I don't know what happened but suddenly I panicked and my body responded. That gut wrenching feeling twisted even more but less painful and suddenly, out of nowhere. Water was there and threw the scientist who was taking my blood across the room.

There was a thun and my heart beat was roaring in my ears as I stood up, suddenly I was running. My mind was whirling as I raced down the hallways retracing steps.

I felt five grown men tackle me to the ground. With strength I didn't know I had before I used moves from the streets and quickly got most off of me.

Every Time I got one off, two more were there until I was trapped, being held down from every which way. That didn't stop me from struggling though.

"It would be in your best interest to stop struggling Perseus." A german voice said as I, still struggling, looked up at the man wearing oval glasses and had grey hair said standing over me.

"Go to hell." I spat and broke free of my arm enough to punch one of the men in the face, another man just replaced his job.

"It would be in the best interest of Bucky Barnes to stop struggling." The man said making me pause.

The stories that both my mother and Steve once told me crashed down on me. A hero turned mind-control villain by Hydra.

"What do you want?" I asked staring at the ground not moving anymore, still the men held me down.

"It's quite simple really. We gave you a test drug that would give any human those powers of a god. Or at least half a god." The man said flicking his wrist slightly and slowly the men holding me down let up and I was able to stand.

Everyone was tense as I slowly stood, taking in my exits or the lack thereof and stared down at the man who seemed to be calling the shots.

"I don't understand why you need a nine year old of all things." I said fixing my jacket that went crooked from the football game that was just happening.

"We both know you're not a normal nine year old. A child genius that was never announced, a child who runs one of the most world-wide operations, well other than Hydra and SHIELD. A child who has already seen more than over half of the planet still under the age of double digits."

"I'm honored you know so much about me. Why don't you return the favor." I said crossing my arms staring down at the man, "oh, and you haven't answered my question."

The hydra goons around me were tense as the man simply stared down at me, "From here on out, you will be known as Kraken, partner to The Winter Soldier. We won't brainwash you boy because if you step or make one move too many, your partner is going to pay." the man said and turned around walking away.

Hands grabbed me but I made no move to push them off, curiosity was driving me to follow, I wanted to see this 'Bucky' for myself and if he was alright.

It's the least I owed the Avengers, to make sure Steve's friend was alright. Let's just hope he wasn't as lost as I heard about.

Otherwise I am really going to be rolling in the deep.