The Beginning of July and a trip to the lake

Start from the beginning

The girls stare towards our counselors and they shoo us back to the cabin to change. Slowly, we trudge up that awful hill we must climb daily back to our cabin. Along the way, we all plan a prank for Ms. Tina over not telling us before we had gotten there. Strangely, the prank that wins is Daisy's, but it won't be night until our revenge goes down.

•*•*•

"Oh god...." We all whisper as Kenny holding his nose, opens the chamber of death know as their band van. We all lean back incase we are once more lead to dry gags and all else horrible. Kenny, being the only brave man in our group, wafts the air as he slips his hand. He pushes his head into the van taking in a deep exhale and Dean cringes, literally. Shrugging he smiles and waves us in. "God help us..." Dean whispers and I turn glaring at him.

"Your van." I state and he glares at me but as I turn to climb in, I see a small smile on his face.

Climbing inside, I squeeze to the second last seat in the back with Violet and Daisy. Why we must take this? I have no idea, but we do. Kenny takes the drivers seat as Ms. Tina sticks to the passenger. I lean over to whisper to Violet.

"Are those two ever gonna admit they like each other?" I mumble as Violet shrugs as she leans back.

"We have a beat." She mumbles and I nod as I turn to her.

"Most likely not until the end of camp, the night before it ends." I state and she raises an eyebrow.

"That's new." She whispers and shrugs. "We're betting ten each!" She says and I nod as turn back staring at Kenny and Ms. Tina.

"Count me in." I mumble as she nods then Dean leans forward from the back. "What do you want?"

"Just a fair warning," he begins with a smug smile. "I always win."

"You reign is about to end." I state as he pulls back and snorts as he smirks turning his gaze to the window as he flips his sunglasses down.

We drive down and off road as the van bumps and shakes it's way down the long hill and we finally pull off to an opening. We all climb and bump our way out of the car door as I look out over the crystal blue lake. I look down to the sandy bar of ground that outstretches before the lake. Out in the distance, I see a pier most likely in the deepest part of the lake as Violet and Daisy stretch out and run down to the sand bar. I grumble slipping and sliding my way down with the rest as Kenny claps his hands together happily.

"Alright guys, now before we go in-" ignoring all rules, like usual, Dean throws his shirt and shoes to the side exposing his perfect washboard abs and jumps into the lake with a happy splash. Happily the others follow in and I silently sit in the shade.

They swim out as Kenny jumps in with them like a happy child and Ms. Tina comes to sit by me. She smiles to me as I stare out to the water. I watch as they splash each other and their happy squeals and shouts.

"Why aren't you swimming?" Ms. Tina whispers and I shrug slightly as I watch. "You're missing out on a lot of fun."

"Oh no, this conversation is way more fun." I grumble as I peer further down the lake. "Who's down there?"

"One of the other groups." She whispers as she squints. "No idea who though."

"Mhm...." I whisper as I stare at the pier in the distance. "That pier looks cool."