Part 3

Rating: M
Warnings: language *cap peeks out*, panicking, crying
Words: 1,572
________________________________
If you weren't so insanely happy right now, you could've slapped him.

"Told you so," Peter repeated, speeding to your other side, "Told you so."

"I got accepted, Peter," you quietly spoke to yourself, smiling at the shining floor as you walked from Professor Xavier's office,

"Nothing you can do or say could make me unhappy right now."

"I bet I could." Peter said, finally ceasing to speed around you and maintaining a semi-normal speed.

"Wouldn't doubt it, roadrunner."

Suddenly, Peter stopped walking altogether. Realizing this, you turned around to find the boy twitching slightly on the floor, with a bit of blood coming from his mouth. Your heart dropped at the sight as your rushed to his side.

"Peter, peter, peter, you're gonna be okay, I'm gonna go get the Professor and you're gonna be just fine, you hear me?" you whispered to him, probably more for your own sake than Peter's. You quickly stood up and began to step over him and ran halfway up the hall before you were grabbed from behind. Whoever had grabbed you was laughing, and you could recognize that laugh anywhere.

"PETER DJANGO MAXIMOFF, YOU ASSHOLE, I HATE YOU!" you yelled at him while grinning a bit, half-heartedly pushing his shoulder. Meanwhile, Peter was laughing his ass off, gasping for air and tearing up.

"Oh-h, calm down, (Y/N/N)," he managed to get out between bouts of laughter, "It's just a- a joke."

"Where did the blood come from?!" you worriedly half-whispered, becoming aware of how close you still were to the Professor's office.

Peter sheepishly looked at his feet before smirking mischievously, "I sorta stole a few pens from the professor...and one of them sorta happened to have red ink..."

You shoved him again, and you were laughing with Peter until you heard the squeak of a wheel. Looking back, you saw Professor Xavier heading towards you with Hank.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so loud, it's just Peter was-" you managed to quickly attempt to explain before the headmaster cut you off.

"I understand. I just need to speak to Peter right now, regarding his schooling, if you wouldn't mind, Miss (Y/L/N)."

"Oh," you mumbled, looking towards Peter and seeing the same reluctance to separate in his expression as well. You turned back to the Professor, "Um, yeah, sure."

"Okay, good. Come along, Peter." You watched a bit helplessly as they began to walk away, prior to Professor Xavier quickly turning back to you. "Oh, I almost forgot. Here is your schedule and your room number. We aren't as big a school as we seem, so you will be having a roommate. Miss Grey, I believe."

"Okay," you mutter, a little disappointed that Peter wouldn't be with you, "Thank you."

Peter will be fine. I think you will like it here, he reassured you, as if he could hear your thoughts. You didn't respond really, because you were too dumbfounded that he knew and you were wondering if it was really that obvious. Then you remembered he had not even moved his lips when he had talked to you, and began to wonder how powerful this soft-spoken man was.

After seeing the three men off, including Hank, who had not engaged in conversation but you still found gazing at you not-so discreetly, you went off in search of your room. Whenever you saw anyone, you would try to duck behind a column or hide behind the clipboard holding your papers. At one time, you saw a blue boy with carvings adorning his skin doing the same and chuckled, thinking of the fact that he was actually scared of talking to you. Soon, you find your room with the door ajar and music pouring out, which you had soon recognized as the opening chords of Seals and Croft's Summer Breeze.