Part 2

Rating: M (swearing, maximoff)
Words: 1, 100
Warnings: *captain America appears* LANGUAGES, lil shit peter
_____________________________
"Peter, I swear to god, if you don't get your ass down here, I'm going to kick the shit out of you," You swore at the smirking boy as you made your way to the front gates, "I don't want to be the only one here without any friends." you muttered, unsure of yourself and what was going to happen once you walked through those doors.

The gates were emblazoned with an X, which you believed was a reference to the Professor's full name, although Peter only referred to him as 'The Professor'. It was scary, to say the least. You had gotten up at 2:39 a.m. that morning, unable to sleep for nerves, and by 2:50, you had already set out an outfit, wrote out talking points, and went over every single possible thing that could go wrong.

Since Peter wasn't one for sleep either, he had visited your house at 4:15 a.m. and decided to stay there to help you prepare and generally cheer you up. After asking a seeming thousand of questions to Peter about your prospect of a new home, you both departed at 8:35 a.m. for Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, a name you thought was a bit strange, but elected to go along with in the spirit of change.

"Don't worry, this place is for people who stick out. The Professor will be glad to accept you." Peter gave you a reassuring pat on the back before moving his hand up to your neck and sprinting down the lawn, taking you with him. Next thing you knew, you had a faint sense of sickness and found yourself in front of the doors that so many famed mutants before you had walked through.

"I feel sick, Peter, I don't think I can do this." you clutched at your stomach, closing your eyes and feeling the doubt build in your chest.

"It's just motion sickness, it'll pass."

"It's not motion sickness, Peter, I just..." you searched for a good way to explain the worrying feeling, "What if...what if I'm too strange? What if they don't want a dangerous weirdo walking down their halls?"

"Oh, come on, the Professor will love you, (Y/N), just as much as I lo- like you." Peter quickly added, tinging a bit red before recovering, "He'll be thrilled to have you, you control motion for Christ's sake, that's pretty fuckin' cool."

"Fine, Maximoff, if you're so sure..." you smirked, thinking of a way to get out of it, "Then you have to go to school with me."

"No!" He quickly responded, stepping back from the front doors, with a look of disgust on his face, "I just got out of school, you think I want to enroll in another?"

"If it's so terrible, then I'm not going," You added, proposing your final ultimatum as you turned on your heel to walk away, "Either you go with me, or I don't go at all. It'd make your mom happy anyways, Pete, this is a lot better than having to go to some community college with a bunch of frat boys."

You began to walk away slowly, the sound of your black flats hitting the pavement before-

"Wait! I-I'll go to the s-school if you will," The boy finally conceded as you grinned at your shoes, "You need to learn more about your powers, and this is the best place to do that. God knows I know jack shit about this type of stuff anyways."

You spun around, quickly running up to Peter and throwing your arms around his neck. Initially, he sort of freaked out a bit and his face flushed red. He soon got used to it, finally wrapping his arms around your waist and cherishing the small bit of affection you showed him. As you pulled away, you gave him an appreciative smile and opened the doors for him.

"You first, Roadrunner." You bowed your head as you held open the entrance and followed him onto the polished hardwood flooring. Hearing the squeaks of his silver Nike sneakers, you felt a bit annoyed, but you didn't have time to do anything but open your mouth to scold him before your eyes caught a young man on the staircase staring at you.

"Excuse me, my name's Hank, are you a new student?" The timid man said before pushing his glasses up awkwardly and outstretching his hand.

"My name is (Y/N), and I'm hoping to enroll today. So is my friend, Peter." you smiled as you shook his hand. He seemed sort of cute, if a bit awkward. You thought to yourself as you pulled away your hand, I think we are going to be good friends.

"Hey, is there any chance the professor is home?" Peter cut in, while gazing around the place like he was expecting it to be bigger.

"Yeah, uh, right this way" Hank spoke quickly, shaking his head as if he had woken from a trance. You followed Peter up the stairs, and Peter followed Hank. Soon, after navigating an immeasurable number of halls, you ended up in a tidy, sunny room, staring into the kind eyes of the famed headmaster.

"Hello, my name is Charles Xavier. Welcome to my school. What's your name?" the professor smiled. He was dressed in a white button-up with the sleeves rolled up and black dress slacks. Somehow, the outfit fit his personality just right, a kind man who seemed to be an intelligent and caring soul.

"I'm (Y/N). (Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

"I heard you were a friend of Peter's who had come across some unusual abilities, Miss (Y/L/N)?"

"Yes, sir. I could show you now if you like?"
He smiled graciously, "Of course, please demonstrate."

Your eyes found their way to Peter's, searching for reassurance as you felt this was going to affect the headmaster's decision. Peter grinned through the few silver hairs that had fallen in his face, and you had found the hope you were looking for. Turning back towards Professer Xavier, your gaze focused on Xavier's own Newton's Cradle. Your heart rate slowed to a comfortable rate before your eyes shot wide open and your irises became a colorful spectrum. The cradle immediately became completely still, and for a second, it felt like the world had stopped. Nothing, not even for a second, moved. The professor's reaction was like a penny in the air, waiting to drop upon you any second. Abruptly, you were snapped out of your hypnotic state by ten words that would change your life.

"Congratulations, you've been accepted into Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters."