one

k e n d a l l

i sit on a cold bench and peer around. in front of me, my friends. beside me, my boyfriend. i look down at my legs, covered by a flowery dress with splashes of purple and blue. all of a sudden, my thoughts are stopped by an unexpected action. i look over at weston, his arm around my shoulders. i show a slight smile and look forward.
"it's cold out, maybe i shouldn't have worn a dress." i say, laughing at myself.
"oh, you're cold?" weston asks, he drags his arm off my shoulders and begins to unzip his jacket. he then hands me the coat.
"i'm fine, but thanks." i say, but weston refuses to believe my words. he sets the jacket upon my shoulders and leaves a kiss on my forehead.
"awwww." i hear joelle squeal. she lives for romantic acts, but she's too scared to actually get a boyfriend for herself. she's afraid of heartbreak.
i then look around to see kalani, sitting next to mario. they've been dating for about three years now, but they're constantly fighting. kalani is just too scared to leave mario, she thinks that he'll get revenge somehow.
madison then runs up to the group and takes a seat. "sorry i'm late, i had to pick up starbucks."
she holds a tray of drinks out, i grab a caramel frap and take a small sip.
"thanks." i say, along with everyone else. johnny refuses madison's offer, and just sits quietly.
   "johnny, what's wrong?" i ask, peering over at him. he looks up from where his sight was and continues to pick grass from the ground. he shrugs, "family issues, i don't want to talk about it."
   "oh, i'm sorry." i reply. johnny is like the baby of the group. he's always got some problem and he never speaks of it. he should really get help, but he won't crack. he won't tell anyone what's going on, not even his closest friends.
   "so, i'm going to the mall today, who wants to come?" madison asks, looking at her nails, which are longer than usual. probably acrylics.
   "i'm down." joelle says, followed by kalani and mario.
   "i'll come." weston says, he then looks over to me.
   "i'll come too." i say. then we all look towards johnny. he looks up and pulls out his phone.
   "i'm not busy, i guess i'll come." he speaks, clearing his throat.
   "alright, sounds great, you girls can help me pick out new earrings. i've been wearing the same package for like a week and they're so out of style." madison says, looking down at her phone. i forgot to mention, madison is a spoiled brat. her parents are quite rich, so she gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants it. she's a good friend, although.
   "yeah, i'm going to get to first period, see you all later." i say, removing weston's jacket from my shoulders. i grab my book bag and walk into the school.
   "kendall?" i hear a familiar voice say, i turn around to see an old friend, chloe.
   "chloe?! i haven't seen you in forever!" i squeak, hugging her.
   "i know, it's been so long." she agrees, pulling away from the hug. she has a grand smile plastered on her face.
   "madison is throwing a party this weekend, you should totally come." i imply, hoping she'll say yes to my offer.
   "i'll come if i can, text me the address. i have the same number." she replies. i nod and smile. then we part separate ways.

   the school bell rings, indicating that school is over. i leave the classroom i'm in and begin to walk to my locker. i see johnny sitting in front of his locker on his phone. i walk toward him and sit down to his right.
   "you know, you can always talk to me, johnny." i say, looking at his hazel eyes. (idk they look hazel on his snap stories)
   "i know." he says, turning away and starting to get up. i too get up, and walk to my locker, which is at the end of the hallway. after grabbing my bag and wallet, i walk with johnny to meet with madison and the rest of the group.
   "we have to wait until the limo shows." madison says, sipping water from her starbucks cup. a limo? seriously?
   about five minutes later, the limo rolls in. people gasp as we all get in. i sit in a corner, weston sits next to me and puts his arm around me once again.
   the whole limo ride consisted of weston and i taking dog filter selfies, mario and kalani constantly bitching at each other and a lot of madison complaining about how it's too hot or too cold. annoying. eventually, we reach the mall.
   "i'm going to vs." madison says, ditching the rest of us.
   "well what now?" kalani says, wandering around. mario follows her.
   "okay, johnny you should come to get food with me." joelle says. johnny nods and walks to the food courts with joelle.
   leaving weston and i, alone.
   "well what do you want to do?" i ask weston, he looks around and shrugs.
   "i'll do anything as long as i'm with you." he replies, i roll my eyes.
   "let's get froyo." i say, interlocking our hands and walking toward the food area.

   a couple hours later, madison texts us all to meet her at the limo. when i can see madison, she has about thirty bags and a happy look on her face. we all hop in the limo.
   "well, that was fun." madison says, "the girls at pink had terrible attitudes though."
   i let out a small chuckle, "what did everyone else do?"
   "johnny and i went and got panda, then we went to laser tag and the movies." joelle chirps, johnny nods and smiles.
   "kalani was acting up, so we didn't talk much, but we also saw a movie." mario says, kalani rolls her eyes.
   "i wasn't acting up, you were being a dick." she speaks, clearly stating that she was upset with the way mario said that.
   "mhm." mario rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.
   "guys, just stop arguing. we don't enjoy hearing it." weston states, him too rolling his eyes.
   after twenty minutes of silence, i look over to see maddie looking through her bags, and mario and kalani making out. well, i guess they made up.

   the limo makes a stop, dropping me off at my house. i thank madison for inviting and say my i love yous to weston. i then leave the limo and begin to walk up the long, gravel driveway.
   my phone let's out a ring, i pull it up to check it.

                    unknown number
     weston isn't as perfect as you think

   what?

-

end of chapter. make sure to vote and comment opinions. sorry it was kinda long lmao
- zoe