Chapter 24: The Grand Ball

After the big battle between humans and dragons, everyone was healing and cleaning up for four days.

You had heard that Natsu was the one who tore down the portal, using Mother Glare to crush it. When the portal was destroyed, it meant that Future Rogue could never come back to the past, seven years from your time. Luckily, nobody had died, and you talked to many of the mages about the small vision of the future. All of them had experienced it.

The thing is, Natsu had been acting strange around you ever since the battle ended. He'd look at you with a painful expression, and wouldn't even tell you what was wrong, even if you asked him. But, he soon cheered up, forgetting what even happened. He just set it aside, which was probably for the best.

But later that week, the king had invited all the wizards and mages that helped fight the dragons to an event; A grand ball for those who took part of the war. Wizards have never been invited to the castle, so the king was very grateful for your victory.

"Nee-chan, don't go straight to the party. I have a surprise plan for when we enter!" Natsu spoke to you before the party began.

"What is it?" You asked him.

"How 'bout I sneak into the king's quarters, and take his clothes and crown. When the White Knight announces the king's arrival, we go through the doors instead! I can get a dress and a tiara for you in Princess Hisui's room. You can just get your makeup on or whatever girls like to put on," he said. "Just don't tell anyone about it."

He was really happy, and it seemed like he was proud of his so called "plan" of his. So, you were up for it. It was a hilarious plan, and it seemed appropriate for your grand entrance.

"Then I'll help you get the kings clothes on, but please don't get anything too fancy for me," you added.

"Yeah, yeah I know. You don't like large gowns and stuff." He began to laugh and hug you tightly, squishing his face against yours, making you giggle.

You and Natsu quickly snuck into the kings quarters when the both of you entered the castle. You were his look out, of course.

It took him awhile, but he came out showing off all the royal stuff he grabbed. He grabbed the fanciest king outfit, and some how it fit him. He couldn't find the crown inside the room.

Next, he went into Princess Hisui's room. He quickly walked out because you told him not to explore a woman's room after he got some clothing for you.

But Natsu got a simple, but (F/C) outfit [Media]. As you were walking out of the quarters, he plucked two large, white flowers from a nearby pot, and put in your (H/C) hair.

"Since I couldn't find the crown, we better take it from the King," said Natsu.

You grinned. "That seems like a horrible, but crazy, idea... Let's do it."

-Eris: 3rd Person P.O.V-

"I wish I didn't have to be all spiffy." Eris sighed, his hands in his pockets.

He was wearing a white trench coat that was down to his feet, and he had a white cravat sticking out of his grey shirt. He wore black gloves and pants, his tail wiggling out from behind. He was facing the wall, away from the women.

Eris was with the girls; Lucy, Wendy, Mira, Yukino, and Lisanna. He wanted to check up on (Y/N), but he found out that she wasn't with them. Now, was with all the other women, in the changing room, facing the wall. He didn't want to leave, mostly because he wanted to wait until (Y/N) showed up.

"But you look handsome, Eris-san," Wendy told him with a smile. He slightly blushed at the compliment.

"Oh, um...thanks, Wendy-san," he thanked her.