Adjusting

“RAPH! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! YOU KNEW AS WELL AS I THAT THIS PLACE WAS FORBIDDEN BECAUSE OF IT’S UNSTABILITY. MASTER SPLINTER TOLD US TO STAY AWAY FROM HERE!” Raph was lectured by Leo again, not like he didn’t deserve it, but still. Donny and Mikey were still digging out the girls, wondering why the other two weren’t helping.

“LOOK LEO, I’M NOT SLPINTAS LITTLE STUDENT ANY MORE, ALRIGHT! I’M THE MASTA THIS TIME, AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO CHALLENGE THE GIRLS, AND IT WAS UNTIL THE PLACE CAME DOWN ON US!”

“You may not be Splinters student anymore, but you are still his son! Do you not listen to your own father’s advice?”

“Look! Will you just shuddup already! Okay, I goofed, so what! You can’t boss me around anymore, big brotha!”

“Guys-”

“RAPH YOU’RE OUT OF CONTROL! AND BECAUSE OF IT THESE TWO GIRLS ARE POSSIBLY DEAD! HOW DO WANT TO EXPLAIN THAT TO THEIR PARENTS, HUH RAPH?”

“Guys-”

“AND WHAT IF THEY AREN’T! YOU ALMOST DIED, AND YET YOU CAME BACK, YOU LIVED!”

“BUT THEY’RE NOT US RAPH”

“GUYS!” Donny shouted. Leo and Raph put away their weapons, looking t their younger brother. “If you two weren’t so busy arguing all the time, we found the girls three minutes ago, about the time when you guys put your weapons at each other’s throats.” Raph ran over, Leo followed. Mikey had just finished brushing the dust of the girls, nodding happily. Raph pushed him out of the way with little trouble and looked the girls over. “Hey, Don. Is something wrong with them?” He asked confused, poking Kylee for any broken bones. “Nothing, ain’t that just something? Buried underneath tons of rubble and they come out like this, with just a bloody eye and a twisted ankle.”

“What?” Leo said and Mikey mimicked him only, being Mikey, making it funny and over acting as Leo.

“Yeah it’s the darnest thing. That’s all they came out with. They should be dead or all their bones should be broken.”

Raph stood with both girls flung over his shoulders, he started walking away. “And where do you think you’re going, Raph?” Leo said angrily , tapping his foot on the concrete. Raph was making the stupidest choices now that he had a taste of power. He was going to lower these kids into their graves if he didn’t shape up. “Getting these girls home, doofus. I think they’ve toughed it out enough for the day and deserve a nice soft bed. Besides, I don’t know how that debris affected Kylee’s asthma. So if you don’t mind I’m gonna steal our brothers. Donny, Mikey let’s get a move on to my place.”

The younger two trailed after Raph, a bit confused, while Leo just stood there shaking his head. Leo had to talk to master splinter about Raph, he’d know how Leo should handle this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -

Kylee coughed a little, and Becca patted her back. “You okay buddy?” she asked looking Kylee in the face. Kylee rubbed her face “Other than not being able to see outta one eye, I’m just peachy, you?”

Becca shook her head smiling, Kylee had woken up with her usual sarcastic humor. “I’ve gotta twisted ankle, but hey at least we’re alive, right? I thought we were done for.”

“Yeah. Hey, if you ever out your life on the line for me again, and I live, you’re dead. I’d rather you be around then me.”

“what about our whole ‘we balance each other’ thing you constantly talk about? If I’m gone your outta wak, and if your gone? Same with me pal.”