Chapter One

Sara was walking from the mall to her car when she felt like someone was watching her. She turned around to see, but nobody was there. As she started walking again she heard foot steps behind her. As she got to her car someone tapped her on the shoulder. She screamed for help. The person that tapped her took off running as a group of people come running to see what was wrong. She said that someone was watching her as she walked to her car and tapped her on the shoulder, but the person took off as you guys come to help. As the weeks went by Sara still felt like someone was watching her everywhere she went , but her parents and friends didn't believe her. Sara felt like she was going crazy over knowing that someone was watching her.

   Emily came over to tell Sara that she was sorry about how everyone didn't believe her about someone watching her because ever since she had went to the mall she felt like someone was watching her too. They talked about it all night and decided to go to the police an see if they could help them with this. The police chief told them that they would look into it. They didn't like his answer so they both decided that they were going to take things into there own hands. So they organize their own neighborhood watch. As the weeks went by the two girls didn't have the feeling that they were being watched any more. Two weeks later the police chief called them down to the police station to talk to them. They went down to the station and was told that the person that was watching them just turned out to be harmless old Pete that had been in the town forever. Emily was so happy that it was just old Pete that had scared them, but Sara didn't think that it was and she told the police chief that too. The police chief told her that old Pete had said that he had been at the mall parking lot at the time that both of you had been their and felt like someone was watching you. Sara asked, but what about me being tapped on the shoulder that night. The police chief said that old Pete had took a stick an tapped you on the shoulder with it. So, Sara said ok , but in here heart she knew there was more to it than so some old homeless guy watching them, but her best friend Emily believed the police about old Pete. So, Sara dropped the whole thing. It has been about three months since everything with old Pete had happened. Sara was walking to her car from work when she got the feeling she was being watched again. She turned to look around her, but she didn't see anyone watching her. She got in her car an went home. She didn't tell anybody about it because no one was going to believe her. Her best friend came over to watch the new movie about vampires. After the movie was over Emily walked home. But, Emily never made it home that night. Emily's parents called the next day to see if Emily was still there. I told them no that she walked home right after the movie was over. They told me thank you, but I could tell something was wrong. Before I could ask what was wrong they hung up the phone. I got into my car and drove over to Emily's house. As I got there the police was leaving the house. I sat in the car looking at the house knowing that I was never going to see my best friend again. I got out of the car an knocked on the door. Emily's dad answered the door and I could hear her mom crying in the background. He just stood there looking at me with tear tracks down his cheeks. Before I could ask him anything he took me by the elbow to help me into the house. As I sat down in the chair he steered me to. He told me that the police had found Emily. I had to ask an see if she was ok even knowing in my heart that she was not ok. He said no that they found her dead in the mall parking lot. I just sat there staring at both of them not wanting to believe that she was gone forever. I stood up an told them I had to leave, but as I turned to leave I fell to my knees crying as if my heart had been riped from my chest. They both fell to their knees beside me and wrapped there arms around me an cried with me.

   I sat down on my bed looking at a picture of Emliy and me. It has been a year today that she was murdered. Tonight is the night that both of us should be graduting from high school. I feel so confused about everything because ever since her murder my parents have been acting really weird. It's like they know what happened to her, but they don't want to help put the person in jail. Every time I walk into the room that there in they stop talking an just look at me like they want me gone.