Be Realistic

Be sure to think of realistic characterizations and factors when writing your story. People do use the bathroom, shower, brush their teeth, do homework, have class, have rules, have TV, have pets, have to get dressed, feel pain, etc.

A fact you definitely want to remember when writing is how someone moves when they talk. If you just have quote after quote without faces or hand movements, people will lose interest.

You tell me which seems more interesting...

*****

Without Movement/Faces

"Well, that's no fun."

"Sure it is. You started it."

"But, I didn't. That was all on you."

"Oh, really?" He picked me up.

"Hey, put me down!"

*****

With Movement/Faces

I struggled to hide a smile, lips twitching from my efforts. "Well, that's no fun."

"Sure it is." He grinned, stepping closer. "You started it."

"But, I didn't." I took a step back and glared playfully. I felt my hand brush against the wall as I approached it. "That was all on you."

"Oh, really?" He took steps closer until I was trapped between him and said wall before picked me up and slinging me over his shoulder.

"Hey," I yelled, pounding on his back as we bounced slightly from his walking. "Put me down!"

*****

Which caught more of your attention? REMEMBER DETAIL!!!