Nico and Dementors - Not a Good Combo

A plot bunny attacked me while I was going through my Wattpad updates. I swear to the dogs *wink* *wink*.

Nico and the Employees of the Employee of His Father

Nico's POV

It was in Harry's Third Year that I first discovered the Dementors. I was on the Hogwarts Express (seriously, who names a school Hogwarts?) when suddenly everything got cold. Then the windows frosted up and the happiness started being leeched from the air. The Dementor then decided that that was the best time to enter our compartment. Hermione and Ron started shivering uncontrollably and I was surprised to notice that even if I didn't shiver, I had goosebumps all over my arms. Harry had the worst reaction. He collapsed only a few seconds before the Dementor entered. Then I realised what they were.

Dementors are Soul Collectors gone wrong. Soul Collectors do Thanatos' bidding: collecting souls that he is too busy to do himself, and with the world's population rising as it is today, that is a lot of souls. Dementors are twisted versions of them. They are the unfortunate few who have been instructed to Collect so many souls of the wicked that they radiate the kind of fear that the souls they collected did and have an insatiable hunger for more souls.

"Harry!" Hermione screamed, fearing for her friend, even as she was stuck to her seat in fear. Ron began making distressed noises even as Scabbers scurried off somewhere and 'Lupin' began to stir.

"Begone!" I commanded to the Dementor.

"I think not," it rasped out - unintelligible to anyone not blood-related to the Underworld, might I add.

"Yes, you will,"

"And why should I?" I got a distinct feeling that this Dementor pouting. Pouting for gods' sake.

"Because I said so!"

"You are not my employer. I have no need to bow to you," now it was just sneering.

"And who does he work for?" I retorted.

There was a silence as the Dementor pondered for a bit then rasped furiously before racing out of our compartment, just as Lupin woke up. Thank the gods he didn't witness that as he would undoubtedly go to Dumb-As-A-Door about it.

Okay, this is pretty crappy, I admit that. This Rainy-Cloud would like a Sun to swing by and warm me up. And a Sky. Skies are great.