38: Over-Thinking Is Murderous

Chapter 38:

Hazel POV:

The one thing I saw when I woke up was a sleeping figure in front of me. Zayn was sat down on a chair, resting his head on the bed that I was on. He looked uncomfortable but was still deep in sleep. I could tell that he was in a deep sleep because his mouth was slightly open and he was making very quiet noises of him breathing.

I stayed like this for a while, studying slight features in his face that hadn’t changed at all in the past five years. His cheekbones, jawline, eyelashes, eyebrows. The only thing different was that he had slight bags beneath his eyes and he had short hair across his cheeks.

I sat up, straightening my back. Pain still shot up from my abdomen and it always reminded me of the loss that I had just gone through. Tears brimmed my eyelids but I blinked them away, not wanting to cry. Not anymore.

I was alone once again and no, them coming back into my life didn’t mean that I suddenly wasn’t alone. I didn’t trust them, I lost my trust in them a long time ago when I realized that none of them where there for me. I might still have feelings for Zayn but that didn’t mean I trusted him.

A nurse came in the room and she looked surprised when she saw me awake.

“Oh, you’re awake!” she said cheerfully, giving me a slight. “Ugh! You’re so lucky.”

“Why?” I asked her confused. I don’t think losing your baby makes you lucky.

“You have 2/5 of One Direction here! He’s been in here since yesterday and Harry was here too but he left yesterday night. The other three visited you yesterday for an hour but still,” she babbled and I arched an eyebrow in her direction.

“For how long have I been out?” I asked her, ignoring what she had just said.

“Almost two days,” she replied with a smile, checking the board that was stuck at the end of my bed.

Two days!?

“What!?” I asked in shock. “I just wanted a freaking nap not a two day nap!”

“You were still in pain so we gave you some painkillers and sleeping pills to help you, doctor’s orders,” she replied and yawned. “I think you’re free to go, I’ll confirm it with your assigned doctor.”

She left the room without another word. I huffed out and slid back down my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I tilted my head and looked at Zayn. I poked him in his cheek and he mumbled something. I poked him again and he swatted my hand away. I chuckled and poked him again.

He groaned and furrowed his eyebrows. “Niall shut it. Go cook your own food.”

I burst out laughing and he shot up, awake. He gave me a confused look, and then looked around the room and his eyebrows furrowed further.

“What?” he asked sleepily.

I gave him a smile and rubbed my eyes, wiping away a strand tear that had escaped my eye due to the laughter. He gave me a curious look, still looking sleepy.

“I didn’t know you knew how to cook,” I replied and his eyes widened, a smile forming on his lips.

He chuckled and gave me a tiny shrug. “Dunno where you got that impression, though.”                                          

I rolled my eyes and breathed out heavily. My head snapped towards the door that had once again opened. The same nurse entered with a smile, her cheeks flushed red when she noticed that Zayn had woken up.