Chapter 3

VJ's POV

Lauren still isn't here. After the concert was over, I didn't even see her at all. Did she actually came to the concert? She must really hate me. Erggghhh! This is the only girl that rejects me. Why?

I walked into the bus and waited for the guys. I saw Trace entering with a smile on his face. Weird, he never smiles like that.

"What's up Trace? Why are you smiling like that?"

"Ummm, I'm really tired. And when I'm tired, I'm crazy?"

"Sure.." The guys entered and we ignored our conversation.

Lauren's POV

I looked at my watch. It was already 11. I packed my stuff and left my apron on the counter. I exited the shop and headed for my car.

"Hey Lauren! You forgot about your rose!" I turned around and saw Andy, handing me a rose. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the rose that Trace gave me.

"Thanks Andy" I said while chunking the rose into my bag. I know that Andy's a mess. But he's a hot mess. He's like really hot. Anyway, back to reality.

"Who is it from? A secret admire?" He smirked at me.

"Well, I wouldn't agree with the word secret, but admire, maybe." I smiled, remembering about just now. That moment was just-amazing.

"Who is it?" He frowned a little.

"I'm just joking. I plucked it myself." I giggled. He mustn't know about what happened. What if Trace was drunk?

We wouldn't know if he did that on purpose as a prank or something else-am I right? I know, I know. Smart move Lauren.

"Oh hahahah. I thought someone gave you-not like I care or something." He scratch at the back of his neck.

"Oh okay cool goodnight." I skipped to my car, leaving Andy alone in the darkness.

"Goodnight."

I started my car and drove straight to my house. I reached my house a few minutes later and parked my car in the garage.
I tried my best to not wake up anyone. It's actually really quiet and I think I can intrude my own house without being noisy.

When I parked my car in the garage-nobody was awake- I, Lauren Carpenter, with the power of clumsiness, tripped on something and fell.

"Shit" was the only word I said. It really hurt. I got myself up and tried to walk into my house. When I entered successfully, the lights were off. Before I could reach the switches, it turned on. Scary, I know.

"Hey sis." I heard a yawning voice. I turned around and saw a tired Zack.

"Hey bro." I said while messing up his perfectly chestnut brown hair.

"How was the concert?" Shit, I didn't actually go for long.

"Umm, really fun?"

"Wait I forgot to ask you. What concert was it?"

"Umm, The Filharmonic..." I knew he would freak out.

"What? I thought you hated them."

"I only hated VJ. I still do hate him."

"Or were they just too hard to resist?" My brother said, wiggling his brows

"Anyway, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight bro." I said, while hugging him.

"Goodnight lil sis." I was about to walk away when he grabbed me by my wrist.

"What's this?" I looked at the rose he was holding. Shit, I didn't place it properly.

"Umm, a rose?"

" I mean, who'd you get it from?"

"You won't believe me but- Trace"

"Yes! I knew he would do that. He looks like a really nice guy. How'd ya meet him? Tell me everything."

"Well, I was going to buy some CDs at Melinda's shop and she offered me a deal. If I became their tour guide for a day, I would get CDs and 70 percent off anything that I buy and-"

"Wait, 70 percent off?! Could I use it sometime?"

"Sure. Anyway, they offered me a ticket and I went to the concert. I saw VJ kissing a chick and I ran to the bathroom to cry. I heard a knock and it was Trace. He said he wanted to pee but when I opened the door he was holding a rose and he comforted me. And then w- we"

"WE WHAT?!"

"We kissed." I blushed as red as ever.

"Man, I should try that on a chick sometime." He started to think. I spanked his arm and he flinched.

"Umm, here's an idea. Try being romantic and caring rather than an asshole?"

"Whatcha mean by asshole?"

"Like when I'm sad and you ask me If I'm okay. I said I'm fine and you'll be like 'okay' and think that I'm okay. If girls say one thing, they mean another."

"Oh okay thanks for the advice lil sis." He winked.

"Idiot." I muttered.

"Oh and I didn't fully watch the concert." I blurted out.

"What do you mean?!"

"After I kissed Trace, I went for a night shift."

"Oh, I thought you went to make out with h-"

"Zack! What do you think I am!?! A slut?"

"No no I don't. I mean, he's really adorable and people would die to make out with him."

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I ran up the stairs and went into my room. I jumped on my bed and straight away went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Hope you're enjoying the chapters so far! I have another Book called 'Mask of a filharmaniac'. I would really appreciate if you could read that book! Thanks a bunch🙆🏼✨