Im A Nobody - Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

Leaving the room, I walked down the servent hall and into the dinning hall it was most likely half way full, and others still entering. Tonight will be a grand night, then tomorrow busy day.

I made my way to the kitchen were my silver polished tray would be and once I opened the door I was hit with an aroma of smells that were simply delicious.

"Well aren't you looking rather handsome." I turned around to see Jemmy, blushing at her comment.

"Thanks, you too." I gave a shy smile, hugging her as my greeting. She wore a black dress, the same color as my suit, but she wore a bleached white apron over top that was tied with a bow at the back. The bottom of the dress coming down just below her knees, where she then wore tan stockings and polished black shoes. Her hair was tied up in a tight bun, with a white band pushing it back.

Nodding my head, I dismissed myself from the kitchen to collect the appetizers to set on the tables. On the way there, I spotted William a couple times so I made sure I took longer route to get to my destinations, the guests were polite and some not so much, but it didn't matter because I was having fun. Having some small conversations, gossiping when Jemmy and me got a break, discussing the 'cute guys' which there was many, and sadly many of them being William's friends. Who I caught staring at me sometimes but immediately he looks away.

"Hello there." I smiled at a guest, who gave a warm smile back, which was easy to see it was forced.

"Why, hello." She greeted back, her overly white teeth shining behind her red lips.

I smiled this time and carried on from the conversation "Would you like a refill for your wine?" I gestured to her wine glass.

"Oh yes, that would be wonderful." She replied, pursing her lips as she sat back.

When I was done pouring her wine, I heard a clutter of silverware and some dishes breaking onto the ground and a painful yelp rang through the room, stopping everyone for a moment before conversations started again. But my mine blanked, I knew who it was almost immediately. Tammy, my loving dear Tammy.

Quickly completing any requests I was asked on the way to see Tammy. When I finished I swerved through the crowd with my empty tray on hand and went to were I heard another yelp and, yet I was correct it was indeed Tammy. On the floor wincing every now and then because of her knee. She struggled to pick up the glass without cutting herself with it while mumbling her apologies to everyone around her.

"Tammy." I called her name making it threw the last set of people. "Tammy, come on get up." I hooked her arm in mine, but she didnt bulge. "Tammy!" I raised my voice "Leave them there! Ill pick them up, you need to rest your leg."

She shook her head. Like she was in shock from embarrassment, she had a stain on her uniform and her hair band was falling out.

"Tammy. You helped me, now let me help you dammit." I cursed into her ear as she let me haul her up. "Jemmy can you take her to the room and make sure she rests properly, with her knee up and some ice." I looked at Tammy her cheeks red with embarrassment and nodded guiltily.

Jemmy nodded and helped her limp down the servant hall. While I started to clean the few broken dishes and picking up the silverware onto my tray. Looking to the side I caught view of a very unimpressed, unhappy Lord Micheal and next to his side was a shocked yet worried Lady Priscilla talking to Lord Micheal, trying to calm him down. Next was William who just pushed threw the last set of people. I moved my eyes away from him and focused on the floor.

The only thing that was in my mind at that point was Tammy. He's not going to hurt Tammy. I'm not going to let him hurt Tammy. She's like my mother, I will not allow it.