Im A Nobody - Chapter 2

Mitchell's p.o.v

Tomorrow is the gala, and today we were setting up the dinning hall. There was apparently fiftty guests and maybe more coming, so we had to set up a lot of tables and make sure there was extra plates for the children, who would be eating in a different room. Lady Priscilla has kindly been directing us and telling us if we have misplaced any objects.

Everybody hurried because after we would recieve our showers, which were only about 15 minutes maybe shorter. The guys and girls were split, even though we wouldnt do anything with each other. We were all to close, and nobody wanted to ruin our relationships and start to fool around, we also just weren't like that.

It was the same for every single one of us each day, unless one of us were to be sick. We got up, worked, did any out of the house errands we needed to, complained or cried amongst ourselves then back to bed cherishing every second we got, since we got up at 5 in the morning and went to bed after all the Crescents were taken care of which was around 11 during night, but we got to eat so around 12 we went to bed.

"O.K. Now everybody, I have an announcement!" Lady Priscilla spoke loudly, pausing waiting for us to put down and stop all we were doing. I placed the wine cup I had just finished dusting and shinning just like I had done yesterday, and wiped my hands with the rag putting it in a bucket of water. Then resting my eyes on her.

"Alright, so tomorrow is the big day." she clapped. "And I know you will all be on your best behavior... So I wont even bring anything up about it, because I trust you," She paused, smiling brightly. "And, I am letting you all need to go get clean and tidy. 15 minutes today for the men, then 20 for the ladies, because tomorrow is important to me." She finished, going back to her business replace silver ware. "Oh and girls first please, then go to bed. Get rest because tomorrows coming fast!" She chipped in, sway just slightly, her long dark red dress dragging along the floor as she walked back and forth.

Her personality, if I was interested in women like that, is why I completely in love with her, mostly the way she handled everything. She never treated us like slaves yet people that deserve the right to live. She rarely called on us, she always wanted to do things on her own. She said it helps her feel 'humane'.

We got the signal that the girls were done in the shower halls. So the other males and I walked down a grummy hall, there was a small group of guys that undressed so that they only wore their undergarments, but I like the rest of the males, wore my shirt. I was self-consious letting other people see my body. Male or female. It's just weird, I don't know if its because of my several burns and scars which many of us had, but I always saw mine way worse than the others. I was scared about what would happen when I was 7 would happen again.

I winced remembering the horrid memories. Ones that I never want to relive nor remember.

All the guys pilled into the shower hall and as the door closed cold water started to come out of the faucets hitting us. Sighing, my shoulders relaxed and all the tight knots loosened. The cold water was so soothing and helped me calm down and clear my head.

I started to get my hair wet, tilting back my head and letting it pelt me on the face, running my hands through my hair multiple times trying to get it ungreasy. It is embarrassing being all dirty then having to tend to the good looking William, he was always so clean his hair looked so soft and mine was always greasy, but my complection was never that bad.

I grabbed the little thing left of the soap bar I had and started to scrub myself furiously with it leaving my red, but clean.

"Hey, ango" A semi-deep voice shot my way.

I turned around and there was Ben. "I have a name and its not ango." I said, bowing my head.

"Whatever, can I borrow some soap?" He pointed to the soap in my hands that I was just washing myself with and just took it.

"Sure..." Nodding his head, he walked away.

Some of the other servants scared me, and the person I just gave the soap to: Benjamin or Ben for short, he had short blonde hair and I had to admit a nice body but we had some trouble when I first arrived here, he would be the one always pushing me around teaching me the wrong way of doings and then after I would get punished. And he always used to hurt me, punch me randomly, heat a fork over the stove then put it on my back when I slept. 

Shuddering from the memories, I rinised myself off and just stood under the water.

What I would do to get out of being a low life servant and actually be wealthy, happy and possibly find my mom. Every single damned day I wonder were she is and what the reason behind why she had to sell my, did she not love me? Or was I just that rag doll she sold to get her out of debt. Was that the only reason I was born? A regret, so she sold me?

Ben handed me my soap back when the water shut off and I grabbed my towel and put on my shirt quickly, not caring if my shirt got wet, I didn't want to strut around nude. So I wrapped the petit towel around my waste and clung to the ends tightly as we all walked out.

Hearing somebody shriek I turned around and Ben was laughing at another kid my age, who he had pulled down his towel--which made me hold mine even tighter.

When I reached my room I got into my clothes, put the soap into the top drawer and got under the covers.  Picturing William and me, holding hands, kissing, touching, telling me how beautiful I am. With that thought I turned my bed lamp light out waiting for the other mates. But drifted off to bed.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Edited: October, 17/2013