C34

34. Chapter 34
Cannonball

Disclaimer: I don't own anything or anyone from The Vampire Diaries.

Yikes! It's been a while hasn't it? So sorry about that, I went on a last minute trip over the New Year and in turn got behind on my uni work which didn't leave me much time to write. Sorry it took so long, but here it is eventually!

Thanks again to AnglcDmn1986 for being my awesome beta and checking over this chapter so I could post it tonight! Thank you! :)

April 19th 2013.

Friday 10:35am

Mystic Falls

"Well?" I question Klaus eagerly as he hangs up his phone and walks back towards me through the school parking lot. "What did he say?"

"Nothing." Klaus replies with a frown as he comes in front of me. "He said he didn't know anything. Vaughn has apparently been off the radar all week."

"Shit." I curse and run my hand through my hair. For the past few days I have had Klaus using up all of his contacts to try and get information on what Vaughn might be planning, because I know that he will be planning some sort of act of revenge. So far though we have found nothing, everyone is saying that they don't know anything, or at least they are claiming not to know anything.

"You know," Klaus lights up a cigarette and briefly offers me one but I quickly shake my head no. "This all could be a load of bullshit. We don't know that Vaughn got arrested, Zach could have just been trying to scare you."

"Trust me the thought has crossed my mind." I agree because I really wouldn't put it past Zach, "But that doesn't explain the asshole that sent me that photo of Elena. That has Vaughn written all over it." I rub my face anxiously. "I know what's going on here, Klaus. Vaughn's planning something."

"You don't know that for sure." Klaus tries to reassure me but it's no use.

"No? Then what was the photo about? It was a threat, man, towards Elena. I swear to God if he even so much as touches her I will kill him."

"Kill who?" I cringe and look over my shoulder to see Stefan approaching us with a curious look on his face. "Well?" he asks impatiently.

"Nobody is going to be killing anyone," Klaus interrupts before I can give him an answer. "Your brother is just being dramatic." He rolls his eyes slightly and I tense.

Why is he not taking this seriously?

"Vaughn threatened Elena." I state bluntly to Stefan.

Klaus groans. "Damon, we don't know that for sure!"

"What?" Stefan actually looks shocked. "Why would he do that? I thought it was over?"

"Apparently not," I snarl in annoyance.

"What did he say to Elena?"

"He didn't say anything. He sent me a photo of her outside of her house. I think that speaks for itself." I mutter angrily. "She doesn't know either," I quickly throw in. "So keep your mouth shut."

Stefan doesn't say anything; instead he is just stood still with his mouth slightly agape. I let out an agitated sigh because this is getting so damn frustrating. It's only been three days since the photo of Elena was sent to me and so far I haven't heard a single thing. No matter how much digging Klaus does for me, he comes up with nothing.

"I think you should speak to Zach again." Klaus advises me cautiously. "If he was telling the truth about the cops arresting Vaughn then surely you would have heard something about it? They'd have to speak to you."