C19

19. Chapter 19
Cannonball

Disclaimer: I don't own anything or anyone from The Vampire Diaries.

Ah I am so happy to finally get this chapter posted! I hit a few roadblocks and mind-blanks with this one, which was frustrating, but I got it back on track in the end I hope!

Hope you enjoy it...

December 15th 2012.

Saturday 10:00am.

Mystic Falls

I pepper small kisses onto Damon's bare chest as we lay lazily on his bed, the covers wrapped around us tightly as I snuggle into him on this cold December morning, wishing that we could just stay like this all day and not have to move out into the real world.

"I love you." Damon smiles slightly as he plays with my hair, his other arm wrapped tightly and protectively around my waist as I rest my head against his chest.

"And I love you." I grin widely, butterflies erupting in my stomach at the words because even though it's been over a week since our mutual confession where we both realized the extent of our true feelings, or at least I did, Damon apparently had figured it out a little while before me, but each time he says those three words to me it still makes me giddy.

I don't think I have ever felt happier in my entire life.

"I am rather lovable." he smirks that Damon smirk and I let out a small laugh as I run my hand slowly down his chest and sigh blissfully at his toned body underneath my fingers.

"Don't push it Salvatore." I tilt my head up to give him a pointed look and he chuckles softly and I feel his chest shake gently against me. "God I wish we could stay here all day."

"Me too." he leans down and presses a soft kiss onto my forehead. "Why aren't we again?"

"I told you, I promised I'd spend the day with Bonnie and Caroline."

"Oh right yes, tweedle dee and tweedle dumb." he rolls his eyes.

"Hey don't be mean, they are my best friends." I frown slightly but it doesn't offend me, I know Damon has his own reasons for not liking Caroline, her last name simply being the main one.

The irony in that considering where we are right now!

"I know, I know." he presses another kiss to my head.

"Besides, I need to spend some more time with them, it's been a while." I frown for a moment as I think of the last time that I spent time with either of them that wasn't at school. Caroline would have been at the Winter Formal and Bonnie was even before then. "Caroline has been acting weird too, I feel like she's been giving me the cold shoulder a little bit at school and when she does say something I feel like there is some sort of hidden meaning behind her words."

Ever since the Winter Formal, Caroline has been distant with me. I don't really know why, well, actually no, I have an idea. I think she's pissed that I ditched her and left without saying goodbye, or more so, without saying goodbye to Mason.

She probably still has that silly idea in her head that there is some sort of spark going on there, because trust me, there really really isn't.

"I don't even know why you're friends with her, she clearly makes you miserable." Damon shrugs casually and I sit up and look at him a little offended.

"What? No she doesn't!"

"Elena baby, I have seen you at school with her and the rest of your preppy little popular friends and you look absolutely miserable!" he says seriously with a shrug. "You can't be yourself around them and you know it."