C21

21. Chapter 21
Cannonball

Disclaimer: I don't own anything or anyone from The Vampire Diaries.

Quick note, I think I made a mistake with starting from Elena's POV in this chap, looking back I think it would have been better from Damon's but I'm lazy and didn't want to go back and change it all, so hopefully it's alright for you guys :)

Hope you like it...

December 26th 2012.

Wednesday 12:30am.

Mystic Falls

I stand frozen as Rebekah looks between the three of us with a frown on her face, clearly wondering what the hell is going on here, and more importantly why I am here, I realize as her eyes slowly dart to me.

"And what the hell is she doing here?"

Yep.

I see Damon tense and my heart pounds painfully hard against my chest as I realize that this night is about to get a hell of a lot worse.

"Go back to bed Rebekah this has nothing to do with you." Klaus speaks up first, his tone hard and firm but Rebekah doesn't even flinch.

A look of intrigue crosses her face as she takes a step forward. "What are those." her eyes flicker down to the photos that have scattered to the floor and Damon quickly darts down and gathers them up in his hands but I watch as the look of realization crosses Rebekah's face and I know it's too late.

"Oh. My. God." her eyes widen almost comically as she looks between Damon and me. "You two..."

"Go back to bed, Rebekah!" Klaus orders her again but it's no use.

It's too late.

I stand completely still as a laugh falls from her lips, seriously, she finds this funny?

"Oh my god," she repeats those three damn annoying words. "This is...wow!" her eyes are sparkling with amusement. "You," she smirks at my boyfriend. "You I could see doing something like this, but you," she turns her attention back to me and shakes her head in wonder. "Wow. Elena Gilbert...I never knew you had it in you! I'm impressed." she nods her head with a smirk.

I send her a glare because I have never liked her. I remember her first day as a freshman when she turned up to cheer practice, ignoring our protests that she needed to audition like the rest of the freshman wanting to be in the squad, instead she told us all that she didn't need to audition before then putting on a mini show of all the back flips she can do, as well as proving my suspicions that she really does know how to spread her legs.

Of course she managed to impress the majority of the squad and ended up on the team without attending try outs.

If that didn't irk me enough already, the attention that she turned towards Matt and Tyler definitely finalized my dislike for the youngest Mikealson and her latest dance date stunt with Damon only just added too it.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Damon speaks up for the first time since she entered the room, his tone of voice cold and defensive.

"No? So you and Elena Gilbert aren't sleeping together then?" she raises her eyebrow and crosses her arms in front of her. "I'm just dreaming and you aren't both standing in my hallway?"

Damon glares at her before turning his head to me for a moment. I hold his gaze, unsure of what he is trying to portray and it takes me a minute to realize that he is feeling guilty.

I take a deep breath and take that step towards him, letting my hand slide into his larger one and I don't miss the way Rebekah's eyes follow our every move.