The Sea's Guidance

SeaTrident does this work for your contest or am I too late?

Percy Jackson sat alone on the shore of the beach at Camp Half-Blood. He stared out towards the horizon, a distant look in his eyes.

"What should I do?"

His voice is distant and sad, his knees are pulled up against his chest and his arms are wrapped tightly around them.

"I don't have anyone to go to."

His mother and step-father have passed on-an untreated virus of the chicken pox-which is deadly to adults. His girlfriend, Annabeth, has broken up with him, apparently seeing something that scares her in him. He understands and does not hold it against her. He is scared of himself.
Chiron has finally taken his leave on this world, the fates finding him to be not of use anymore.
Without Chiron, the camp has fallen into utter Chaos, all blaming the departure on the wars, and the wars on Percy.
The gods have agreed with their children, and have put Percy on isolation-so he may not corrupt or damage the world anymore-they said.

So now, lost and alone, Percy sits on the sand looking out at the one thing that has always loved him. The sea. He isn't supposed to be there, but it is night, and the campers have gone to bed.

"Tell me what to do."

His voice sounds broken as well, and he looks like a kicked puppy. He is sad, tired, and used, and it shows in his eyes and by the bags under them.

"I don't have any friends anymore."

His cousins, Nico and Thalia, have left him as well. The problem is, he has been cursed to live forever-to watch all his loved ones die and to be helpless when it happens. That just so happened to be what happened with Nico and Thalia. Thalia had quit the hunt after finding her Soul-Mate. No hard feelings from Artemis, the goddess was happy for her Lieutenant. Nico found his Soul-Mate as well, and the two spent the rest of their lives together, died together, and made it to Elysium together.

"They have taken away my home..."

The gods have banished him, he must leave in the morning. He will be transferred to a prison in Maine, far enough for him to be away from the gods but close enough for them to be able to check on him. His home will be a place he is no longer welcomed in.

"They hate me, all of them."

They blame him for the deaths, for the wars. They say he should never have been born, that he is a waste of space, just like Gabe used to say. He believes them now. They used to be just words-but now, to him, they are the truth.

"They make me live forever, why don't they just let me die?"

They tied him up, chained him, and took him up to Olympus. The gods tortured him, cut him and beat him, tore down his self-worth and self-preservation. Then they cursed him-cursed him to live forever, to live and never die, but to be forced to watch his former friends and loved ones all slowly die-lose the light in their eyes and move on to a different world.

"Why can I never do anything right?"

He always tripped, e fooled and messed up, he couldn't protect his friends. He couldn't protect his family. He couldn't protect anyone, not even from himself. He couldn't stop the wars, he couldn't do anything. He wasn't worth anything.

"I just need help. Please. Anything. A word, a thought, a gesture, a sign, anything. Just tell me that it'll be okay-even if it won't. I'll believe you. Please. Guide me."

Dear child.

"You hear me?"

Of course we hear you. You are our child, our life and blood. We love you.