Chapter 4

{Chris's POV} 

When I woke up Esmeralda was fast asleep with her hand lightly resting on my chest, she snuggled up beside me and laid her head on my chest I gently wrapped my arm around her after a while she was starting to stir, she looked at me and smiled I smiled back. 

"Morning." 

"Morning beautiful." 

"I didn't hear you come to bed." Esmeralda said. 

"When I came upstairs last night, I checked on you and you were sound asleep I was going to sleep on the couch because I didn't want you to think that I was going to try anything on you. But you went to roll over and woke up a little you asked me to stay with you so I climbed in bed with you and you mumbled that you love me." I said. 

Esmeralda buried her face in my chest I knew she was blushing I wrapped my free arm around her and held her close and kissed the top of her head. 

"Are you angry at me?" 

"Of course, not I could never be angry at you because the moment that I first saw you when me and the guys came to the AP tent, I felt something for you."

Esmeralda and I climbed out of bed and got dressed we walked downstairs I walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee pot can't start my morning without coffee I started cooking breakfast I decided to make bacon and eggs for breakfast. I heard Esmeralda walk into the kitchen and leaned against the counter I looked at her and smiled she looked away and blushed. 

"Why would a guy like you want to be in love with a messed-up girl like me?" Esmeralda blurted out. 

"I love you because your different from other girls you are proud of who you and you don't care what anyone says or thinks about you. I also love you because you are not afraid to show who you really are I have never seen a girl defend a front man of a band that they never met because her parents would call him a gothic freak." I explained huskily. 

After breakfast Esmeralda and I were sitting on the couch playing video games we were playing NHL 2016 I was playing as the Philadelphia Flyers and Esmeralda was playing as the Washington Capitals, she was beating me 8 -0 in the 2nd period.  I noticed that she was about score again I leaned over and kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear I made her miss the goal Esmeralda looked at me and shook her head I looked at her and smiled I was about to score she leans over and kisses my cheek and lays her head on my shoulder I miss the goal I ended up losing 8-0 which is odd for me because I never lose when I play hockey. Later on, that evening I walked into the kitchen Esmeralda was cooking dinner I sat on the kitchen counter and watched her I noticed she was making spaghetti. 

"Chris what other sports do you like besides hockey?" 

"I like football I am a Steelers fan. What about you what other sports do you like besides hockey?" 

"I like football I am a Washington Redskins fan and Cleveland Browns fan I like college football I like the Texas Longhorns I like English football I am a Manchester United fan I like baseball I am a Baltimore Orioles fan and I watch horse racing." 

Later on, that night Esmeralda and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie we were watching The Bride of Frankenstein in the dark I slowly reached over and held her hand she snuggled up beside me when someone was knocking at the door I got up and answered the door Ricky looked at me and waved. 

"Is this a bad time?" Ricky asked. 

"I was sitting on the couch watching The Bride of Frankenstein in the dark with Esmeralda. So what's up?" I replied. 

"Balz thinks he left his phone here when we were all hanging out yesterday." 

"I'll help you search for his phone it has to be in the living room somewhere because that was the only place we were at." 

"Have you asked Esmeralda out yet?" Ricky asked with a smile in his voice. 

"No not yet I was going to ask her before you showed up but it's like every time, I try to ask her I keep losing my nerve." I sighed. 

"C just ask her out I mean the worst thing she can do is say no but I doubt she would turn you down." 

"Your right I should just ask her out already." 

I turned around and saw Esmeralda standing behind me with Balz's cellphone she handed it to Ricky and headed back into the living room Ricky waved good-bye and left I walked back into the living room and joined Esmeralda on the couch she un-paused the movie and snuggled back up beside me I held her hand and whispered in her ear. 

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" I asked nervously. 

"I would love to be your girlfriend." She whispered back. 

When the movie was over, I stopped the DVD and put it away I turned the lamp back on I looked over at Esmeralda she was sound asleep with a little smile on her face I turned off the TV, I scooped Esmeralda up in my arms I turned off the lamp and walked upstairs to mine and Esmeralda's room I walked into the room and gently laid her down in bed I climbed into bed and covered us up I turned off the lamp and went to sleep. 

A/N: In the next chapter Esmeralda comes clean to Chris and tells him about her past when she used to self-harm 

Warning please do not read if this is a trigger for you!!