" No no no—I mean I want to be friends too. I'm just shocked is all. " I quickly stated. He nodded in deep thought.

" Okay I think we can do that. " Was all he said for the rest of the ride to my house. I got out saying a goodbye to Mateo who for the first time returned it.

" ...Goodbye. " He concluded after a pregnant pause. I walked up to my building, entering my apartment quickly. It was just about seven o clock, I hurriedly got the sexy red dress out of my closet smiling at the memory of how good I looks in the dressing room. I couldn't even imagine how good I'd look if I do my hair and makeup. God what has gotten into me ? Who am I kidding ? I'll still be plain old Lucy.

But it was still worth a try.

By the time Mateo's limo arrived I was just putting my lipstick on. I hurriedly got into some black heels that I got from Gucci. I grabbed a clutch I had recently brought for the event with my bonus.

I was in the process of throwing things into it when a knock sounded on my door.

I paused. Perhaps it was the driver telling me to get my ass downstairs. I really have to get  my car, but it's going to cost me more to fix than it was to get it.

I snapped out of my thoughts and answered the door to see Mateo aka sex on legs standing with his hands in his pockets.

" Hi. " I opened my door letting him in.

" Hey let me just grab my keys and I'll be ready. " I said.

" Why do you live here ? You have enough money to move elsewhere now. " He grumbled doing his usual distasteful once over of my studio apartment.

" I'm looking for new places now, don't worry with as much as your paying me I could buy a mansion like yours soon. " I joked and he actually let out a chuckle that turned into a full blown laugh.

" Come on we have to get going. " I reminded as he sobered up. I locked up and walked after him to his limo. We got inside and began the long drive to the gala, while in the limo I informed him on who would be there and any info he needed to know before hand.

" So what's your favorite color ? " He asks interrupting me as I was on a rant about another CEO being at the gala.

" Red. " I answered without pausing.

" Mine is black. " I nodded. Is this him trying to be friendly ?

" Yes this me trying to be nice. Your my PA I should know things about you. " He said and my eyes widened as I realized I said that out loud. I looked at him he had a slight amused expression on his face. He didn't look mad and he wasn't yelling at me—these are good signs.

" Well uh...I like chocolate a lot and I'm allergic to peanuts. I hate sushi and Latino food. " I sputtered out a little nervous. He looked in thought.

" I like chocolate and I love Italian food of course and I eat sushi sometimes but I don't really care for it. " He said unconsciously licking his lips and I felt my insides twinge. God he was soo hot and he didn't even know it or maybe he did and was just trying to get under my skin.

The limo rolled to a stop in front of a large building with columns and a red carpet. Their were people in gowns and tuxes walking into the building. People with cameras stood on the side of some ropes that were heavily guarded with security.

" Don't look at them just keep walking to the front. " Mateo reassured as he opened my door for me—which was kind of a shocker. I got out the car and he pressed his arm across my back to guide me into the building quickly. We were in some sort of ballroom at least that's what it looked like.