An Ordinary Miracle (Part 1)

Note: You will only understand this story if you have seen the second Hunchback of Notre Dame. Yes, there is a second one. SO go watch that and come back. This is mainly a story about Quasimodo and Madellaine's daughter. (Picture above is Angeline and Nathaniel [Picture idea credit to godohelp on Deviantart and juliajm15 on Tumblr])

"It's gonna be fine Quasi," said Phoebus in a strong voice.

Quasi swung from beam to beam in the bell tower. He was panting and breathing deeply from using all his energy.

"Now Quasi-" Phoebus was cut off by a sharp cry coming from behind a curtained area in the bell tower.

"Madellaine!" Quasi shouted and missed the beam he had reached for. With a short shout, he landed with a thud on the wooden floor.

"Quasi! Are you alright?" Phoebus said as he towered over the hunchback.

"I'm fine, but Madellaine isn't! Oh Phoebus! What if something goes wrong?"

"Nothing's going to go wrong. She will be fine," Phoebus said in a soothing voice.

"Yeah Quasi! Auntie Madellaine will be alright. She's gotta be!" came a small voice from behind them. The men turned to see Phoebus and Esmerelda's son Zephyr standing in the doorway.

"Zephyr, I thought you were asleep," his father said surprisingly.

"I was, but something woke me up. There was a big bang," said the sleepy ten-year-old.

"I'm sorry Zephyr," said Quasimodo, "That was my fault. I...fell."

Zephyr yawned, "It's all right. Is the baby here yet?"

"No, not yet. Go back to sleep young man. It's late."

"Ok Papa," he sighed and left the room.

A sharp cry sounded short after. Quasi gasped and started towards the tent.

"Quasimodo! Come back!" Phoebus shouted then sighed and turned back to sit down.

Three stone gargoyles who were guarding the tent, came to life, "Ah ah ah Quasi. Not yet," said Laverne, "You have to wait until Esmerelda gives you the signal.

"Yeah, no sneek peeks," joked Hugo.

"Ok Quasi," came a voice from the other side of the blanket. The gargoyles turned still again, "You can come in now."

Quasimodo practically ripped the blanket off the wooden beams. Behind the curtain, there was a warm candle light shining on two women and a crying bundle of blankets. One woman was Phoebus' wife Esmerelda and she was holding the crying bundle of blankets that was flailing its arms. The other woman was lying down, out of breath. Her forehead was sweaty and her short blonde hair was a mess.

Quasimodo ran to her, "Madellaine! Are you all right?"

Madellaine calmly nodded and pointed at Esmerelda. Quasi walked over to her and looked at the bundle, "Is this it?" he asked.

"Of course it is," she said as she laughed. Esmerelda handed Quasimodo the blanket, "Congratulations. It's a beautiful baby girl."

Tears filled Quasi's eyes, "A girl. Oh, she IS beautiful. What's her name?" he asked as he turned to Madellaine. She shrugged, "Well," she said weakly, "I've always like the name Angeline. It means angel."

"Then that's what we'll call her. Angeline. Madellaine, it's a beautiful name," said Quasi as he stared at his daughter, "and she does look like one too. She's an angel."

The tiny baby softened her crying as her father swayed with her. She stared at him with grayish eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------