Chapter 15: Having A Mate Like Me

Start from the beginning

"I want you off my lands Blade, or there will be consequences". I growl out and his smirk grows wider.

He raises his hands in the air as a sign of peace. "I'll be on my way little bro", he says stepping back. "But a little heads up, I am not the one you should be worried about".

I stop and stare at him puzzled, not understanding his statement. "What do you mean by that?" I am now frustrated. Gemma had long ago pasted herself to my back, not once letting go. She is tired, hungry and exhausted and I really want to take her home. Yes home.

"Don't get me wrong Druce, I really want to kill you and your mate, but there are others worse than me. There are others who are far more dangerous than I am", Blade says looking at me. "Just know your enemies Druce. They could be somewhere you least expected. She could be someone you least expected".

-----------------------------------------

Gemma's POV

I watch the infuriating man walk away, his silhouette disappearing among the tall trees. Druce is angry, his fists are clenching and unclenching repeatedly and I hold his hands gently.

This is all my fault. These people are after Druce and everyone in his pack because of me

I wish they didn't find me. I wish my mom hadn't went on those stupid trips. I wish she hadn't seen Druce changing in the forest. I wish my family wasn't dead so I wouldn't have ended up here.

This I all my fault and the guilt is eating me inside.

"Don't say that Gemma", Druce says turning towards me. He holds my face in his palm, running his thumb over my lips smoothly. "Rogues have been after this family for longer than I can remember. My dad went through hell because of them. So don't say that". He looks at me sincerely and I sigh.

"I want to go back to the house". I push closer to him and peck him on the lips. He hugs me closer to his body and wraps his arms around me.

"Come on, let's go. I can feel that you are tired". Druce releases me and starts walking forward. He looks back after a while and his brows raise questioningly.

I pout and look at him sadly. "I'm too tired to walk", I say holding up my arms. "Carry me please".

Druce chuckles softly and shakes his head. He walks over to me and lifts me up gently in his arms. I nestle my head on his chest and close my eyes.

There is not a better feeling than being in your mate's arms.

-------------------------

I am jostled awake by a loud, obnoxious shout.

"Oh my Goddess. Gemma are you okay? Druce where did you find her. I was so worried. I swear I went looking for you when you ran off. I though you went to the house Gemma, I searched every room for you". Julie finishes sobbing softly.

I look at her sadly. Her face hold genuine concern and I realize I did that to her. She is genuinely worried about me.

Druce puts me to stand, we are in the kitchen I notice and I walk to Julie and hug her tightly. She returns the hug, still sobbing.

"I'm sorry I made you cry Julie", I say solemnly. "It's just that you surprised me. I was scared".

Hands wrap around my waist and I relish in Druce's warm touch.

"Come on, the food is ready and you need to sleep". I nod my head and allow Druce to pull me to the counter where a delicious looking plate of spaghetti and meatballs lay.

I grin happily as I start to devour the tasty dish.

What? I am hungry, plus it's my favourite.

--------------------------------

After I finished eating Druce took me to his room. I took a shower and washed my hair.

I am currently sitting on the bed watching Druce as he reads some files. He is angry with me. He doesn't even bother to look at me.

He said and I quote, "Go to your bed Gemma. You're distracting me with your idle stares and I really need to get these files done". I told him I wasn't sleepy and he replied with, "If you don't sleep then I won't talk to".

I really want to sleep but I can't without him beside me. So I've been here for an hour, unable to sleep because of him, but I am too embarrassed to say so. Now he is upset with me because I refused to sleep.

Silly much.

Druce sighs for the millionth time this evening and gets up from his desk angrily, knocking over the chair in the process.

I look at him wearily and stand up from the bed. "What's wrong Druce? Are you okay?"

Druce looks at me and then he starts walking over to me, not once taking his eyes from of me.

I seriously feel like a prey right now.

His eyes had turned golden and I start backing away from him, not because I am scared though. I am actually very excited.

Druce will never hurt me, so, why be scared?

Druce grabs me by the arms and pull me towards him, so I am completely pressed against him. There is no space between us and I am happy there isn't.

He raises my chin so I am looking right into his eyes. His lips come crashing onto mine and I immediately respond to his kiss. He is a rough kisser and I love it, I love him.

I love the way he bites, suck and pulls my bottom lip with his teeth. Pleasure blossoms in my lower abdomen and I push myself onto him tightly, if that's possible.

He pulls away and I groan while attempting to pull him back to me. Druce chuckles lowly and drags me to the bed.

He pushes me onto the mattress easily and I lay down, stretching out on my back.

Druce lays beside me and pulls me to his chest. I snuggle into his chest and he tightens his hold on me. I don't think i'll be able to get up if I want to pee.

He kisses my forehead tenderly and says a quick goodnight.