"Well, I think in honor of you finishing your first term of University we could go out to dinner!" Phil exclaims happily in an excited tone. He's wearing black skinny jeans as well with a blue winter jacket and blue sneakers. I could see the breath coming out of his mouth as he breathed.

"Oh, is Amias coming too?!" I asked, suddenly becoming excited too.

"Of course! I have reservations for four!" Phil says, matching my excitement.

"Oh Phil you're the best!" I say joyfully, giving Phil a huge hug.

"Aw, thanks Easton." Phil smiled sweetly down at me.

"No problem! So, Dan, how about it?" I turn around to Dan who looked somewhat guilty and sad. "Dan?" I ask, my smile fading away.

"As much as I'd love to make it-and you know I love food- I can't. I'm sorry, Easton, it's just... I already have plans." Dan apologizes, and it literally feels like he ripped out my heart and tore it in two.

But I smile at him anyway.

"Of course, Dan! I get it! You're a busy guy, you can't make it to every single thing we do. It's fine, I mean it's not like I graduated or anything, right?" I assure him, and elbow him in the arm.

Because, of course, that ensures assurance.

"Ow, what was that for?" Dan asks, rubbing his arm.

I must have opened and closed my mouth a million times before I just squeaked, "Reassurance?"

Both Dan and Phil laughed hysterically at this, which made me snap back to reality. "Hey! Being awkward is not funny! And besides, at least I'm not as awkward as you two losers."

When I said this, Phil whined about how he was just clumsy and loved socializing, but was just bad at it and I agreed with him while Dan just looked at his watch impatiently.

"Dan? You can go, you know. Don't need to stay with us." Phil called him back to reality, and Dan looked up from his watch like a deer caught in headlights.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Okay, well, I'll see you guys later. And I'm really, really, really sorry Easton." He apologizes again.

"Dan it's...fine." I say, but half way through he's already gone.

"Come on, Easton! Forget Dan. We're eating like kings tonight!" Phil exclaims and takes my hand in his guiding me through the crowds of boring people so I don't get lost.

I smile at that, because it's almost like he's the reason why I'm not one of them.

Like really, all these friendships we have wouldn't even be thoughts without Phil. He's actually the core of everything that's going on.

"Oh yeah?" I scoff, following behind him quickly, still smiling, "And what kingdom would you be the king of?"

"The kingdom of blue lions! How cool would that be?! I would make a great king!" He says, puffing out his chest for only about .5 seconds before he gets rudely elbowed by somebody, and turns back into the cinnamon roll he is.

"Oh yes, King Philip, horrifyingly nice. Sounds like a good logo for yourself." I comment as he resumes to drag me through the absurdly large crowd of people.