13

1 Month Later, It's Now November 27

I just finished my first semester of my first year of University.

Too say the least, it's been the craziest few months I've ever experienced.

I'm not exactly sure as to what I want to be, but I know what I'm interested in. I studied history, music, phycology, cultures and teaching. It's been very stressful, but I still can't decide what I want to do with my life.

But, I'm at a good point right now. Amias pays the bills, which I couldn't thank him enough for because of student loans, visas and other bills I have to pay, while I pay for food and hygiene products.

Amias works as an assistant to the CEO of some important bank I don't really care about. All I know is that Amias says it okay because his boss always buys him doughnuts and coffee.

Anyway, my birthday is coming up really fast, and all Amias is talking about is a HUGE birthday bash with a shit ton of alcohol but I honestly cannot see that ending well in any type of way. He told Phil about it and Phil agreed with me, but of course Amias said we just didn't have to drink it.

He just misses the parties that were thrown in America.

Right now, I'm on the tube with Dan and Phil as we're leaving work. They're both talking about some new meme about a weed sweater and I'm just staring out the tinted windows while playing some good ol' Panic! At the Disco.

I see our stop is next so I stand up, Dan and Phil following suit. I look down at my hands as Northern Downpour plays full volume in my ears. I run my right thumb over my left hand, right below my left thumb. I have a small tattoo there, of a sun. Every time I look at it I smile, because it reminds me of who I am and where I came from.

Which makes me frown instantly.

I'm taken away from my thoughts as Phil gently but firmly grabs my hand and pulls me out of the train, following Dan who was racing up the stairs with the rest of the working population who had to take the godforsaken tube.

Once we make it outside, both Dan and Phil start gasping for air and lean against the brick building by the entrance.

"You know you chose to run, right?" I ask both of them, grinning and laughing as Phil nods and groans and Dan just flicks my forehead.

"Bloody hell, I hate the tube so much. Did you see that little girl accidentally elbow me in the groin?" Dan exclaims, causing me and Phil to laugh.

"Oh yeah! She was adorable. Plus, she said sorry. So cut her some slack." I say, Phil nodding as he walks to stand by my side, and I instinctively place my right hand over my left.

"Hey, just because she's cute doesn't mean she can elbow me in the balls!"

"Dan, this is kind of sad. You're almost four times her size."

"I know! It's a challenge for me!"

"So, guys, are we heading back or are we getting something to eat?" I ask, stretching and yawning. I was in black ripped skinny jeans, a pair of standard Timberlands, a maroon Neff beanie, with a gray Nike sweater. Of course, with my black North Face backpack.