Chapter 3

Dustpaw's POV

After the warrior ceremony, Dustpaw saw Dawnpaw heading to the medicine den. He was about to ask what was wrong, but Foxclaw called him.

"Yes Foxclaw?" he asked, padding over to the russet tom. "You are going to go check the elders for ticks." said the deputy. Then he padded off.

'Great' he thought. He HATED checking for ticks. He headed to the medicine den for mouse bile, and saw Dawnpaw going to see Petalstar! What was with her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So then I gave it a real nip to its hind leg. It was so bad, I bet the mangy flea-pelt can still feel it." Dustpaw sighed and ran his paws through Stoneheart's gray fur, listening yet again to his story about how he drove a fox away with his mentor when he was an apprentice.

He felt the body of a tick on the elders neck and grabbed his mouse bile stick and dabbed it on it. It dropped off and scurried away. "Alright, your ticks are done." He said, happy to be finished.

"Well, ok, if you come back later, I'll tell you the rest of the story!" Stoneheart called as he was leaving. "Ok, I'll try!" he called, doing his best to sound truthful. He padded out, relieved to be done.

Dawnpaw then padded up to him. "Hi Dustpaw." she said. "Hi Dawnpaw, whats up?" She glanced away. "Nothing." She said, not meeting his eyes. He knew she was lying. "Really Dawnpaw? I thought we agreed not to keep secrets!" He yelled, angry. Then he padded off to hunt before she could reply.

N/A random thought. JAYFEATHER IS GRUMPY CAT!!!!!! I'm done. BTW I need admins. Pm if you want to be one.