Michael Part 2

So the last chapter was about him being gone. This one is how I got to know him. If you don't wanna read this that's fine.

So I was in 1st grade. I was 6 and ratchet. My mom was driving me home from school. I'll never forget it. Smooth criminal came on the radio.

Me: omg this song is super cool!! Who's it by mommy?

Mom: It's by Michael Jackson.

Me: Michael Jackson? I don't know who that is. Eh whatever.

A few minutes later after the song was over, they started playing beat it. Technically all his biggest hits.

Me: Who is this by?

Mom: Michael Jackson.

Me: *rolls eyes* Why do they keep playing his songs?

Mom: Because he um. He died..

Me: HE DID?!! Oh. Well that's sad..

Mom: Yup.

Me: Is he like one of the current artists?

Mom: Oh no. He was very popular in the 70s and 80s.

Me: Oh that's super old.

So we finally arrived home. I was still curious about who he was how he looked like etc.

A few minutes later...

Mom: CHLOE!

Me: Yes??!

Mom: Come here I want to show you something!

Me: Okay!

I rushed out of my room to the living room and saw a man dancing with long hair in a black outfit with buckles and pizazz and all of that. He started singing, and I was like WOAH?! Is he a girl?

Mom: No! He's Michael Jackson. In the 80s.

Me: Ohh why does he sound like a girl.

Mom: He just had a higher voice. This is the music video Bad.

I continued to question him about his childhood his siblings everything I could possibly think of. I continued watching all the tributes and music videos until 9:00 pm. I started to grow obsessed and I didn't care. I then wanted to buy MJ number ones his tour videos I wanted the MJ wii experience dance game his clothes I have a poster somewhere etc.

I then started watching every song I could possibly think of on the computer every day after school for like 6 months. I could not stop and my parents were really annoyed and I got in trouble. I loved him a lot. And I still do to this day! So yeah that's how I knew about him.