Chapter One

Junior yelled and screamed in the car, all the way back home.

"Come on Junior, it'll help if you don't make too much noise," I said, pulling up at the driveway.

"Mama it hurts!" he exclaimed.

I couldn't blame him either. For a six year old boy to lose an important soccer match, and also to injure his leg with a really big cut, I would've reacted the same way if I was in the same position.

But, I knew that my boy is strong. Beyond all odds, he could still do major things. I carried him in my arms, before resting him on the couch of our living room.

"Liza? Liza?" I called out for our house keeper.

"Yes madam!" she answered almost immediately.

"I need you to get the first aid kit in my room," I said, then slowly cleaning his wound with a damp cloth. He pulled my sleeves, as he controlled the pain he was feeling.

"Come on, stay strong baby," I whispered, and then wrapped a bandage around the wound.

"Anything else?" Liza asks.

"Do you want anything to eat?" I turned to Junior.

It was already about 9.30pm and Junior already looked so tired.

"Can I just go to sleep?" he responded, rubbing his eyes.

"Sure baby. Let Liza help you with your shower and you can go to sleep okay?" I smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"I love you mama, goodnight," he whispered, before pecking a small kiss on my cheek.

"Goodnight, I love you too."

-

He didn't even bother to turn to look at me. He was crying, while he begged for an answer. Why don't I have a papa? The moment he turned to walk out of Junior's life, just like that, broke my heart. Well, he had no idea that he was only walking away from me. He was walking out of Junior's life too. I'd never want Junior to be like that; the man I hated the most. But, when things weren't so bad as it was, I hadn't really been thinking, had I? I never thought it would come down to the day where I had broken glasses scattered on the floor, tears running down my face and two broken hearts, crying loud.

But, apart from all the monster and horrific ways that I'd describe him, he was onced my lover, my everything. I could still remember his deep scent that he brings along, whenever he walks. The way he would glare at me from across the room would send shivers down my spine. The warm touch of his skin on mine was enough for me to beg him for more and the moment our lips touch, everything else disappeared.

Nobody I knew have ever liked him. Especially mother. He was mysterious and his arrival was unexpected. But for a woman who was deeply in love, marrying the man who brings you to joy for the past year of dating had already made us decide on something that should've been kept to wait; marriage.

We were in love. So in love.

-

"Madam, it's 8am and I've left breakfast on the kitchen table for you and Junior," Liza says, shaking me off my sleep. I looked around and noticed that I had fallen asleep on the couch. I must've been too caught up with work last night.

"Yeah, thank you. Wake Junior up for breakfast, I'll grab mine later," I said, turning my laptop on, only to find an unread email from my boss, Carter.

Isabella,

I require you to follow me through a new project, that I'll be working with the sports industry. As you're a doctor with experience and trainings outside of your own course and career, your skills and knowledge will be required as part of the company's work. This is a deal I don't offer to just anyone. I believe that we can both work together and that you'll accept this offer that might give you an outcome of a great deal.

Sincerely,
Carter, Sin

I was always up for challenges but somehow, I didn't felt quite right about this one. I took a while to think about it, before Junior ran into the room, all ready for school.

"Mama! The new fifa 16 have arrived!" he squealed.

"Please please can I have it?" he added, throwing his hands around my legs.

"OK, but you have to promise me that you'll study hard," I smiled, pecking a kiss on his forehead.

Maybe the offer wasn't too bad after all. The money that I'd get would let it be easier for me and my child. I wouldn't have to depend on my brother's money at times and Junior's expenses can be easily paid, without having to crush his big dreams.

This was a life-changing offer, I believe.

"Hey Carter? It's me," I said, as soon as he picked up my call.

"Finally, I've been waiting," he replied.

"Look, about the offer, I'm not too sure but I'm willing to try," I said.

"That's good. Can you start tomorrow?"

I remained silent for a second.

"Yes, sure."

-

The next morning was a blur. Junior had been sent to school and I had at least an hour to be ready for my new work. I dressed my nicest, as I didn't know what I'll be expecting. And whatever it is, it was important I give a good impression.

Carter was already along my driveway when I left my house.

"Ready?" he asks, eyeing me from head to toe.

"Something tells me you're ready and you've dressed your best," he smiled.

I agreed and went on with him, for a 30 minutes drive towards an academy building, next to the stadium.

"If this makes it more exciting, I'd like to ask you, how big of a fan are you for Real Madrid?" Carter asks.

The question echoed in my mind, before his face featured through, and then disappeared. I remembered him.

"Ah, it's been ages since I've watched their matches but Junior's a big fan," I replied, and then only to receive a smirk from him.

"Well, now you could proudly go home to Junior and tell him that you're working with the team," Carter giggled.

My eyes widened and all I wanted to do was to jump out of the car and escape before I see him.

"And.. We're here," Carter added, pulling up. My heart pounded quick as I entered the building, walking closely with Carter. I assumed by now, he knew that I was nervous.

We walked through the hallway before I was greeted by James Rodriguez who had just came out of the shower room.

"Ola, is this our new helper?" he asks, looking towards the lady who had brought Carter and I in.

"Yes, meet Isabella and her boss, Carter."

James was warm and friendly. He sure made it feel easy for me to be here. Well, at least for now.

"Where are you headed to now?" James asks the lady.

"I'm bringing them to meet the others," she responded.

"Oh I'm following. I wouldn't want to miss the boys reaction when they see Isabella. Especially Cristiano," James giggled.

I paused as my eyes widened. Before me, he stood. I couldn't move and my heart was beating so quickly and I was stuttering for words.

"Bella?" his voice was the only thing I heard, in the loud, busy room.