"Poppy, baby, I'm a little busy right now. Can I call you back?" he asked. I growled at myself under my breath at the fact that just hearing his voice made me want to cry even harder. I sniffled and hiccuped quietly, clearing my voice to try and answer him without worrying him.

"Poppy? Can you hear me, baby? What's wrong? What's going on?" he pushed on.

"N-nothing. I just miss you a l-lot," I stammered out, taking deep breaths afterward to try and calm my raging emotions. He chuckled deeply at my response, the sound sending a pang to my lower stomach as I felt the familiar heat of desire flood between my legs.

Good God, I'm a mess.

"I know, Flower. I wish I could come home early, but I have so much I have to get done today, baby. I swear I'll be home on time for dinner time tonight, okay?" he promised before releasing a small sigh. I could hear how exhausted he was even over the phone call. The sound caused my tears to vanish as quickly as they came as I suddenly had a new goal for the day.

"It's okay, I understand you're a busy man. I'll see you when you get home. I love you!" I chirped back.

"I love you more, Flower," he called back, not questioning my sudden change in mood as he'd become used to them by now. I ended the call and grabbed the keys to Knox's Range Rover which he'd left behind for me to use as well as my purse before heading out to the grocery store.

I skimmed and scanned the aisles after getting everything I needed to make the special dinner I had planned out in my head. My nonchalant shopping turned out to be a very bad idea with how hungry I'd been. Meandering down the row of dairy products, my eyes caught a rack of cream cheese which lead me to decide to make a cheesecake last minute because it sounded so good.

I hustled home and began working furiously in the kitchen while popping a cracker into my mouth every once in a while. I glanced at the clock as I finished seasoning the steaks and began chopping the potatoes, preparing them for being thrown into the pot of boiling water I had waiting on standby.

I lost track of time as I worked, realizing at the last minute that I needed to get the dessert done soon or it wasn't going to be ready in time. I had just finished placing the cheesecake into the fridge when Knox walked through the backdoor looking completely deflated. I hurried over to him before taking his suit jacket from his shoulders and hanging it up where it wouldn't get dirty or wrinkled. I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers as I lead him to the dinner table where I motioned for him to take a seat. He did so with a confused look on his face. I ignored the look and loaded up a big plate of food for him before carrying it over and setting it down on his placemat. He glanced around for silverware, completely unaware of my plans.

I plopped myself down on his lap and began feeding him while placing kisses to his cheek and neck. The both of us were silent while I fed him, but I knew he was enjoying the attention. About halfway through the meal, he took note of the fact that I was only wearing one of his long sleeve t-shirts that fell to my mid-thigh.

"Isn't this a health code violation?" he teased cheekily before accepting another bite of steak. I snickered at his joke before playfully rolling my eyes. "In all seriousness, Poppy, you need to eat too," he insisted while slipping one hand under my shirt and gently stroking my belly.

"I ate before you got home," I murmured against the shell of his ear as I fed him the last bite.

"That's was delicious, baby. Thank you," he whispered against my lips while starting to rub my thighs. Knowing if he started touching me like that all my plans for the night would go down the drain, I quickly got up and set his dishes in the sink before grabbing his hand once again. He followed me silently, but I knew he was still intrigued by my behavior tonight. When we got to our bedroom I closed the door behind us and began unbuttoning his dress shirt. Once every last button was undone, I pushed the material off his shoulders and down his arms as I pressed a few soft kisses to his bare chest. His breathing grew heavy as I proceeded to do away with his pants in the same fashion. His hands slid underneath the shirt I was wearing to cup my butt in his palms calloused was hard work.