Chapter 40

I'm sorry guys.. Xx

Chapter 40

Zach's P.O.V

Ali sat on my bed as I fixed my tie. She took pity on me and stood up to help me with my tie.

"Who would have thought?" she laughed.

I smiled at her and kissed her forehead."I'll see you later," I said.

She nodded and I went out of the room.

I am graduating today. I didn't think that I would live to see the day. But right now I am driving towards the school to take my diploma. Surprisingly I will be receiving an award, MVP of the year even though I didn't finish the whole season.

College was never on my plan but surprisingly I got accepted to university of California for filmography. So two days from now I am flying to California to get everything settled.

Drew will be going at some university here in London together with Justin. Liam will be flying to Ireland in a few months. And as for Chase he's studying at Italy for architecture, who new that whore was artistic. Shay and Crystal are both inseparable and will be living at Australia. Jake got into some band with his high school friends in California when he came to visit there for a week. He just flew back here to finish everything then he's off to some production company who's willing to sign his band. Lin would be off to Paris next month she'll be studying fashion design. As for Alex, she got a scholarship at NYU for either Fine Arts or Photography.

I am so proud of her. When I heard about it I wanted to hug and kiss her. She's getting her dreams. But I know I couldn't.

Alex and I never got back together. After a month of trying to explain I realized I'd be doing her a favor if I stay away. She gave me a chance and I blew it. It didn't mattered if I slept with Sam or not. The point is that I didn't know if I stayed loyal with her. But all I know is up until now I am still utterly in love with her.

I parked my car to my usual spot. The only thing different right now is that this would be the last time for me to park here and Alex's white Porsche is not beside my car. I went out and soon enough I saw Chase making his way towards me together with Justin.

"We are finally leaving this hell hole!" he cheered.

I chuckled. "About time, huh?"

"When I get my diploma I'm going to scream."

When I was about to respond I saw a certain blonde. She was wearing a white cocktail dress. There was a smile painted on her face which made my heart beat fast. She looked so gorgeous. Her dad held her hand and she hugged him.

"You okay, bro?" Chase asked beside me.

"This is the last I'll see her," I muttered. The thought of it feels so bad. I wont be seeing her anymore.

"I never understood why you never strive to get her back."

"She deserves so much better."

Chase sighed and shook his head. I know he knows something. He was with Alex all night when we broke up. But I didn't want to know.

"Let's get our fucking diplomas and get the fuck out of here!"

I forced a smile on my face as we walked towards the gym.

-*-*-*-

"Oh, Zach! Congratulations!" Ali said as she showered me with hugs.

"Okay, sis. That's enough."

She laughed and then went back to her booth.

We were at the diner. Specifically at the diner where I took Alex after we raced for the first time.

Everybody was here. Chase, Liam, Justin, Drew, Shay, Crystal, and Lin. The only two were missing was Alex and Jake. But not long enough they got here.

"We're finally together!" Lin cheered happily.

Let's just say everybody drifted apart when Alex and I broke up.

Everybody was happy and speaking. Well that's except for Alex and I.

My heart broke as I thought of it. Just a few months ago we were so comfortable with each other and now we play strangers.

"Promise that even though we all go to colleges and other countries we wont forget each other," Lin brought her beer up.

"You're so cheesy," Chase snorted.

Lin glared at him. "Just promise guys!"

I heard Alex laughed then she raised her glass. Soon enough all of us toasted.

After a few more hours it was past midnight and everybody was saying goodbyes.

"Promise me you'll call," I heard Lin tell Alex.

"I promise."

Then Lin was in front of me. She gave me a huge hug. Just when she was about to pull away she whispered to my ear. "She's leaving tomorrow. At least say goodbye."

I nodded my head and she kissed my cheek.

"I'll miss you, jerk."

I laughed. "Surprisingly, I'll miss you too."

Lin then moved to another person and I was left with Alex sitting on a booth texting someone.

Who is she texting?

Okay, snap out of it. You have no right to be jealous.

I slid in the booth and Alex looked at me.

"Hey," I choked out.

She placed her phone on the table and smiled at me. "Hey."

This is the first time we spoke since the last time which was prom.

"So," I said awkwardly. "You're leaving tomorrow?"

She nodded her head and her phone beeped. She looked at her phone and so did I.

Luke

I guess she had moved on. Well, I haven't.

She looked at me without even checking the text.

Ha! She picked me before that Luke.

Or she doesn't want to be rude.

"So you're off to Cali?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Alex, let's go. We have a flight tomorrow," Jake summoned.

"Well, I have to go. We should meet up or something." She smiled and then stood up.

Now or never.

I held her hand to stop her. She raised her eyebrow at me and I stood up.

"I'm sorry."

"Zach-"

"You don't have to say anything. I'll miss you, Alex."

Her face was emotionless. She just stared at me which hurts more.

Before I could even stop myself I pulled her into a hug. She didn't respond at first but soon enough I felt her arms wrap around my waist. I held her tighter and she did the same. When we hugged it was like we're back together. It feels as if nothing happened. Soon enough I felt her pull away.

"I'll miss you too," she said. Tears were in her eyes and I was so tempted to wipe it away. Then she did something unexpected she kissed me on the cheek. "Thank you for everything."

Her hands were on my face and there I saw it. She was still wearing the charm bracelet I gave her.

"I'm keeping this, okay?" she said wiggling her arms.

I chuckled and nodded my head.

She cleared her throat only making me realize that my arms were still around her. I quickly removed my arms and looked at her apologetically.

Jake was behind us and he cleared his throat. Alex laughed and then went to his brother. Soon enough they left.

I pulled out my phone and texted her.

"I love you, princess."

But I never sent it.

-*-*-*-

Two days have passed and I am now standing on the same spot where I first saw Alex. I was now at the airport. I'm leaving London today. All the memories will be with me. Especially my memories of that one girl who saved my life.

"I am going to miss you so fucking much!" Ali cried.

"Ali, I would say that you're embarrassing me. But I'll miss you too, sis," I replied.

She hugged me tighter. I will really miss her. Ali has been with me even though I was a selfish jerk.

I felt someone tug my jeans. I chuckled and knelt down.

"I'll miss you, buddy," I said to Alec.

"I'll miss you, uncle Zach! When you come home let's get ice cream!"

I laughed and nodded my head.

"You take care of your mum, okay?"

He nodded his head eagerly.

Soon enough I heard my flight being called. I hugged Ali and Alec one last time then made my way towards the gate.

"Uncle Zach!"

I turned around and saw my bubbly nephew making his way towards me.

"I forgot to give you this!" he handed me 3 polaroid pictures.

I looked at the picture on top and saw a picture of the three of us, Ali, Alex and I. I didn't got the chance to look at the other picture as my flight was called again. I said thank you and then said goodbye.

Once I got settled on my seat I stared down at the pictures. The second picture was a picture of Alec and I which Ali took. And the last picture left me breathless. It was a picture of Alex and I. It was the day when we took Alec at a park then went to an ice cream house. I vaguely remember Alec playing with my camera.

In the picture Alex and I were on the swing laughing. Our hands were tangled together.

If you weren't such a whore you'd still have her.

-*-*-*-

If it's confusing...I flashed forward. Not yet the end guys. And I am not even close to the last 3 chapters ;)

Comment? Vote? Follow?

Thank you!

Love yah!

Always smile ;)

Xx