13

*Alex's POV*

I woke up and stretched as I rolled over until I accidentally fell off the couch. I laid on the floor until Gracie came downstairs. She saw me and jumped on my back.

"What are you doing?" She asked poking me.

"I rolled off the couch."

She laughed at me and started playing with my hair. Graydon came downstairs after awhile.

"This part of your early morning work out routine?" He asked as he sat down.

"I haven't started yet." I groaned.

I started doing push ups with Gracie still in my back causing her to giggle. She was loving this.

"Wait, hold on." Graydon said.

I stopped and next thing I knew he was standing on my back behind Gracie. I started again. This was nothing. It's like they don't weigh anything. I kept going till I hit 100. They jumped off and I rolled over on my back. I started doing sit ups as Gracie stood on my feet. Every time I sat up I'd make a face at her. I reached 100 and moved on. I walked outside to a tree. I jumped up and grabbed a low hanging branch. I did 100 pull ups before going on a run without using my speed. Graydon makes fun of me for doing this a couple of times a day, but I'm use to constant work outs.

I went back inside the house to see everyone eating breakfast. I sat on the couch and leaned back.

"Alex, get in here and eat before we leave." Dad yelled out the kitchen door.

I made an apple float to me and took a bite out of it. He shook his head before going upstairs. I finished eating and made the apple core float to the trash can before going and changing clothes. I met everyone back in the living room and we were about to leave when Victor handed the truck keys to Graydon.

"And I'm walking." I said about to leave.

"Me too." Gracie said grabbing my hand as Victor laughed.

"No, guys I have to go somewhere and I'm not going to the base today so Graydon is driving the other truck in the shed out back." Victor said as he stopped us.

"Yeah... I've died several times, I don't want to do it again. Plus think of the child." I said motioning to Gracie.

Victor just rolled his eyes and walked out. He got in his truck and left.

"Thanks assholes." Graydon muttered before going to the shed to get the truck.

"I'm telling Daddy you said a bad word!" Gracie yelled.

"Son of a bitch!" He muttered.

"I'm telling Dad you said another bad word!" I mockingly yelled.

Gracie giggled as we walked out. I locked the front door before going and helping Gracie get in the truck. She sat in between us and I helped her put her seatbelt on. At least she'll be wearing it if we get into a wreck.

"My driving is not that bad." Graydon said glaring at me.

"Not that great either." I mumbled.

Gracie is obviously in a giggly mood since she has been laughing at everything. It's good that she is in a happy mood cause she probably won't be later when she is surrounded by strangers. Especially Wade and Wayne. Zero and Ash probably won't pay her much attention. Fred and Jr will try and talk to her and will probably give up when they scare her. Bradley, Shawn, John and Jada won't be to bad. She'll probably like them.

Strangely, we made it to the base safe. I carried Gracie inside on my back. Everyone gave me a weird look so Graydon explained.

"How many kids does Victor have? Damn, he needs to keep it in his pants." Wayne said.