Epilogue

Axel was holding my hand as we waited for my name to be called. He squeezed it as Zoey Adams was called and I shot him a smile as I got up. Walking onto the stage, I felt proud in my graduation gown as I received my diploma. Even prouder when I heard my family and Axel cheering loudly.

    I soon went back to his side and eventually, his name was called and I was cheering loudly for him. My heart soared with happiness as I heard my parents cheering for him too. They had definitely softened up to him.

Soon everyone had received their diplomas and we all stood up, united for once. Although I wasn't a fan of my peers, I was proud of all of them. We made it. We were about to begin a new journey. The thought of that had me grinning.

All at once, we then threw up our graduation caps into the sky. Everyone cheered and I turned to face Axel, feeling happier than ever. I then put both my hands on his cheeks and leaned forward, wanting to kiss him. But, he stopped me.

"Not yet," he said, earning him an eye roll.

    I sighed but knew that The Holy Kisser would be announced in a few hours. I couldn't wait to get it over with.

*****

    "That's my girl," Dad said, hugging me.

    "We're so proud of you," Mom said, joining in on the hug.

    "Finally you're going to be out of here," Luke added, grinning as I glared at him.

    He joined in on the hug and I was sandwiched by my family as they held me tightly. It was nice being there and I felt loved. So loved and I was sad that I would be leaving them, but I would always hold them close to my heart. And anyways, I would be visiting them most weekends.

    Seeing that Axel was standing off to the side awkwardly, I beckoned him over. He shook his head, looking uneasy, and I sighed. Mom then looked at him and smiled.

    "Come here Axel," Mom said. "You're a part of this family."

    We all smiled at him and Axel broke out into a grin. He walked over to us and we pulled him into our hug.

    "We're all proud of you too," Dad told him.

    Looking at him, my heart softened as I saw that Axel teared up. He looked away to hide it, but I still caught it. If my parents weren't around, I would've kissed him. Screw the title of The Holy Kisser.

    "I'm happy for you," Luke whispered into my ear. "The both of you are meant for each other."

    I smiled and we all continued to hug each other for a few moments more. Closing my eyes, I thanked fate for giving me this incredible life.

*****

We were at the graduation after party and most of my classmates were drunk. Axel, Hannah, Archer and I weren't because for once, we wanted to just take in the moment and remember it to the fullest. This was officially the last day of high school and we wanted to spend it sober.

"Are you ready?" Hannah asked me, grinning.

"Can you just take the kiss from me," I whined. "My stupid boyfriend won't."