I didn't live in fear. I was just any normal girl. I smiled, laughed. I could care less about anything. I wished everything could go back the way things were.

I laid my head onto my desk and closed my eyes. I wish... Everything could go back the way things were. A single tear left my eyes as I slowly and silently began to cry.

I'll have to get through this week... That's all that mattered.

The morning classes went by very fast. They always seem to do. When lunch came I was with my brother on the roof, and I didn't eat. Now it's almost noon.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. I shook my head. He smiled and caressed my cheek.

"Good girl."

I flinched at his gentle touch. If he found out I covered my cheek with make- up he would tell me to take it off. No... He would beat the crap out of me for disobeying him. He told me... No he warned me if I ever wore make-up he would beat me half to death.

He frowned and looked at his fingers. No... I closed my eyes shut. Dammit. The make up smudged on his fingers. He starred at them and rubbed his fingers together. He was probably thinking he was seeing thing. I wish he was seeing things too.

He growled and pulled my hair back. "Who told you, you could wear make- up?" I whimpered in pain.

"I-I-I..." He gripped tighter.

"I'll ask you again. Who told you, you could wear this damn make up?"

I shook my head, "no... No one."

He clenched his teeth and released me. Not before giving me a hard smack. I whipped aside with my cheek red and hot. I held back my tears and bit my bottom lip.

He sighed and pulled out a cigarette. "I'll punish you when we get home." I shakily nodded and starred down at the ground. I spat blood and whipped any remaining blood with the back of my hand.

He tugged my arm and forced me to sit up next to him.

"How are you doing?" I stiffen. This is actually the first time he talked to me normally in years.

"I-I-I'm-"

He bashed his fist onto the ground. "I TRY TO BE NICE AND THAT'S WHAT I GET! WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO TALK TO YOUR UGLY WORTHLESS ASS!" I bit back my tears and averted my eyes.

He always tends to yell at me. I should be use to it... But I'm not.

The final bell rang. He pulled me out of fourth period to skip class with him. Not all my classes. He stood up and putted out his cigarette... On my cheek. I closed my eyes shut trying to choke back my cry.

"Get your stuff. We're going home. Now." I shakily nodded and stood up. We walked downstairs. I saw Josh looking around for someone. I crossed my fingers.

Please don't let it be me he's looking for. Please don't let it be me. He spotted me and smiled as he walked over towards me.

I glanced up at my brother to see his attention somewhere else. On a group of girls. He must have been looking for new pray to feast on.

I looked back over to Josh and saw him standing right next to me. I flinched.

His smile grew as he parted his lips to speak. I saved him the trouble.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I felt my brothers nails dig into my wrist. I but my tongue and averted my eyes away from him.

"Wait... I know I've been bothering you, but I just wanna be friends." He blushed, "that sounded cheesy." I smiled and began to laugh. Then I felt it. My brother began to dug his nail deeper into my skin until I felt blood dripping down my fingers. Hope no one notices.

I averted my eyes and turned towards the lockers.

"I-I-I-" I frowned as my brother jumped in.

"Sorry, but me and my sister need to head home. We wouldn't want to be late. Mom and dad tend to worry-" He dug his nails even deeper. "About her." He continued. I winced in pain trying to keep my straight face.

"Oh... Okay, well... I guess... I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." I slowly nodded as my brother dragged mr away from Justin. His face was full of sadness. I bit my lip. I'm going to regret this... I'm so gonna regret this.

I gently waved goodby to Justin. His face brightened and he kindly waved back. I groaned as my brothers grip got tighter. I already regret what I did.

When we reached outside he stomped over to his car. He opened the door and literally threw me into the passenger seat.

Before I could recover and adjust he slammed the door and walked over to the drivers side. He entered the car glaring at me. I avoided any eye contact.

He started the car, but before he drove off ;he grabbed my wrist and continued to squeeze it. I whimpered and was near to tears. I thanked god that be didn't have any lemon juice or salt in the car.

He stopped. I looked at him with pleading eyes and then they turned to shock. He looked at me with sadness and regret.

He released me and drove off. I starred at him still in shock. For the first time... He actually looked like the brother I once knew. The brother I looked up to, the brother I loved, and cared about. Not this monster in his skin.

I sighed to myself and starred out the window. I'm going home... I'm going to hell.