Loving a Werewolf

Chapter 1

I've never seen him before. Neither has the rest of the school because his entrance into the lunch room seemed to quiet the room. Regardless of the sudden silence, he doesn't hesitate. He strides nonchalantly to a table directly behind me, and just as quickly as the conversations stopped, they picked right back up again as if he was never there.

"He must be new," I whispered across the table to my best friend Cynthia. "I wonder where he came from because he's smoking hot!" Cynthia and I giggled as we tried to steal glances at the new kid in school. He's tall with almond colored skin and messy, dark brown hair. I look over my shoulder to peak at him again, and our eyes meet. My breath got stuck in my throat as I stared into his gorgeous blue eyes that seemed to glimmer in the sunlight. His stare was fierce, and his eyes seemed to pierce right through me, but I couldn't look away. I could feel my face getting warmer, and the embarrassment overtaking my body.

"Earth to Emily!" I snapped out of the trance suddenly and looked back at Cynthia who had a huge grin on her face. "Looks like someone has a new crush," she muttered as she shoveled spoonfuls of chicken salad into her mouth.

A new crush. She's right. I always get new crushes. Last week it was Jeff Botley from my English class, and before him was Bryce Christiansen from Science! Gosh, I can't even name them all. But for some odd reason, this crush feels different. I mean, I've never had someone stare at me that way. As if he knew what I was thinking, or how I was feeling at that exact moment. It felt as if we had made a connection.

Who am I kidding? I'm nobody special. I'm just Emily McClaire. I don't have gorgeous blonde hair or blue eyes. I have red hair, green eyes, and brown freckles on pastely white skin. I am definitely not any good at sports (no matter how hard I try), but I can sure play the heck out a trombone! I'm just a typical band geek who enjoys playing video games on my lazy afternoons at home.

Despite my thoughts of unbelief, I knew I had to talk to him. Somehow, someway, I was going to find out who he is. Maybe I'd get lucky and have him in my class! And with that thought, the bell rang and it was time for the last class of the day.

Cynthia and I take our lunch trays to the trash can and rush to our last class that we have together, History. I absolutely hate History! I'm good with numbers and I'm number one in my math class, but I can't remember dates for the life of me. I grumble to myself as I walk in and make my way to my seat. Cynthia sits on the other side of class because Mr. Anderson knows we're good friends and purposely sat us away from each other. Class is just about to start, and I start unpacking my binder and History book when the class comes to a sudden silence again, just like it did in the lunchroom. I look up and there he is, standing in front of the class in his checkered blue button down shirt, and khaki shorts. He looks amazing standing there with a smirk on his face.

Everyone focuses their attention on the new mystery student and Mr. Anderson begins his introduction.

"Class, I'd like for you to welcome Chase Peterson."

We all say our quick "Welcomes" and he proceeds to sit in the chair behind me. I could have sworn that it was occupied by someone else, but they must have been absent today. How am I supposed to pretend like I'm actually learning something when he's sitting right behind me? Thoughts begin flooding my mind and the daydreams start. "Chase Peterson. Our names would definitely look great together on paper," I think to myself as I begin scribbling his name all over my blank sheet of paper.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is my first story and I'm just getting started! Please leave comments to tell me what you think of it so far! I'm looking forward to watching the story grow and progress.

Thanks!