"Is she hurt please tell me.. Is she hurt." I beg and I lean forward on the door.

"Mate you just need to come with us they can explain more when we arrive. Does she have any family here?" I nod not being about to speak. "We need their numbers mate." And in that moment I know she is hurt and I fall straight to the ground not being able to stand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Maddie's POV~~2 Hours Earlier~~

Pain. You just have to ride it out. Hope it goes away on its own. Hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions. No easy answers. You just breathe deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time, pain can be managed. But sometimes, the pain gets you when you least expect it. Hits way below the belt and doesn't let up. Pain. You just have to fight through. Because the truth is, you can't outrun it. And life always makes more.

I lay on this stretcher thinking of those words, as the pain I feel takes over my body. Three hours and thirty four minutes, that's two hundred and fourteen minutes. That's Twelve thousand, eight hundred and forty seconds I was stuck in that fucking car not able to move. I couldn't speak for some reason, just like I was stuck there hearing and barely seeing everything that was going on around me. I could hear them talking to me but I couldn't answer back. The asked me my name, how old I was, everything but I couldn't say a word. It's like my brain wouldn't translate what I wanted to say. I remember the loud sounds as they cut away the car to get to what was left of my body. My chest hurt so bad and I knew that I was dying. You want to know the one thing that was on my mind? The one thing that never left and kept me company as I laid there not able to move?

Harry.... I think now that I over reacted a bit and I had realized that, and that's where I was headed when someone hit me. It went black for I don't know how long but when I came to I smelled and tasted nothing but blood and the pain was tremendous. I hear the beeps of the monitor as they make their way to the ER I'm guessing. I hear them talking but its no use I don't try to speak anymore. The doors open and all I hear are people spouting out and I listen to this.

"Jane Doe, early to mid 20's hit by a drunk driver that ran a red light. Blunt force trauma to the head, chest, and abdomen."  I can feel myself trying to drift to sleep but I fight it. I try to scream my name, Harry's name anyone's name but there's nothing just gasp. Why did I have to leave? Why couldn't I just stay home and hear him out? Instead of being hard headed and jumping the gun. So now I lay here dying alone and nothing and no on can stop it and I done it to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Harry's POV~~

I walk back and forth in the same place I have for the past six hours. Everyone is here and we are just waiting, they explained to us that she was hit by a drunk driver and where she was when it happen. I want to scream because I know now that she was on her way home. They said it was bad but wasn't really sure how bad until they finished her surgery. I asked why it took so long for them to contact us, and they said she couldn't speak so they didn't know who she was until they recovered her bag. I will never forgive myself if she doesn't make it, she has to make it. My mum showed up about a hour ago and I'm grateful. Many tears have be shed along with quite whispers throughout the waiting area. The accident just hit the news thirty minutes ago and we seen the wreckage, and I have to say I am surprised she survived. It was nothing but a pile of metal, to think she was in that breaks me farther and I don't think there's much more to break.

"Grey?" I look up and stop as I see a doctor walk in and speak. Everyone stands as he comes over. Mum grabs me holding me close and I welcome the extra support. "Madison has made it threw surgery." We all let out a sigh of relief. "But there were some complications but we got those under control. She lost a lot of blood and she is going to have transfusions, so don't be alarmed. The head trauma is what we are worried about. As you were told she wasn't able to communicate when they brought her in, we cant be sure if that's going to be an issue when she wakes, if she wakes." What if she wakes? Josh pipes up as I think it.