Mark's voice to Jack was a Pastel Sound, he could listen to it constantly, but his singing, oh his singing... It was the perfect pastel, it was majestic and beautiful, it was also unique, uplifting and flawless, unlike most of the other pastels, like the rain and laughter, they aren't perfect. Sometimes the rain is too loud, sometimes a laugh is too high-pitch, but Mark's voice was absolutely perfect.

Jack could hear the water stop and the singing as well, making him crave it more. Soft hums could be heard as Mark dried off and got dressed. The bathroom door opened moments later to Mark pulled comfortably into Jack's clothes.

"You have amazing water pressure, can I like shower here all the time?" Mark chuckled. Jack nodded his head eagerly, wishing that Mark would, his voice was a drug that Jack could never overdose on, "It's decided, I am showering here forever. Don't be alarmed I you wake up at two A.M. and find me in your shower." Jack laughed at Mark's silliness, he thought Mark was so adorable. Jack decided that Mark himself, his entire being was defiantly a pastel.

|-/

Jack was falling asleep on Mark as he watched the boy playing video games on Jack's laptop. A yawn escaped Jack's slightly parted lips as he curled up, leaned against Mark's shoulder tiredly.

"Hey... Sleepy head." Mark ruffled Jack's hair gently.

"Mmm..." Jack purred.

"Want me to move over so you can lay down?" Mark offered but Jack shook his head and within moments was snoring away on Mark's shoulder. A massive smile spread across his face and he just felt so damn happy for the first time in a long, long time.

"Marky..." Jack murmured sleepily, making Mark smile, "Mark?"

"I'm right here." Mark ran his fingers through Jack's hair as he moved around in his sleep. Mark really loved being around Jack, there was just something about the boy... He had no idea what to call it, he was something that Mark couldn't place into a category. The word that he was looking for was Pastel, Jack was a Pastel...

|-/

Jack rubbed at his eyes with his hoodie sleeve. Mark was missing from where he should have been, but he wasn't far away, just in the other room, helping Michaela in the kitchen. Jack sat up and tossed his legs over the edge of the couch, pulling himself to his feet and shuffling to the kitchen. Jack approached Mark, leaning against his strong body once he'd reached his friend.

"Hey sleeping beauty, you're up!" Mark smiled brighter than he had been. Jack nodded into Mark's shoulder, yawning into him, "What are you doing you loser?" Mark laughed, causing Jack to burst into laughter as well. Jack's mother instantly spun around to look at her son.

"How did you-..." Debbie gasped seeing Sean smiling for the first time in years.

"He does this all the time!" Mark smiled as he tossed his arms around Jack from the side, pinning his arms in an awkward position. Jack squealed loudly, laughing happily for the first time since his dad died.

"How'd you do it? I tried for years and I couldn't even get him to smile!"

"Maybe I'm just special"

|-/

Mark smiled as he felt Jack touch his hand, trying to get his attention. Mark found it so cute. Jack was adorable, and Mark loved that about him, Mark would love to live with him, he was so fun to be around. Mark looked over at Jack smiling at him.

"Yeah Jacky?" Mark asked him. Jack giggled and showed Mark some dumb meme on his phone, Mark smiled, rolling his eyes at the small Irish boy, "You're such a loser." Mark chuckled at the boy, who stuck his tongue out at the older boy. Mark wanted that tongue to be in his mouth though, but he had to suck it up.