Chapter 16// Pizza and fighting

"Jason if you don't get your fat ass up I swear to God." I say with my hands on my hips. Everyone else started getting ready for school ten minutes ago and he was still fast asleep. Cas leans out my window in a tight crop top that said 'no pants is the best pants' and literally her underwear.

"Hey Har do you think I can get a glimpse of what Archer's packing if I stand here for long enough?" She asks I roll my eyes and walk to my closet.

"I don't know Cas!" I yell, she sighs leaning away from my window.

"Don't tease me baby." Jason says winking at her and slapping her ass. She shrieks before blushing. We all laugh at there oh-so obvious attraction to each other. I walk out in a tight black crop top that said 'Parental Advisory Explicit Content' and high waisted black pants with fake zippers everywhere on it.

"Come on kids if you don't leave now you'll be late!" My dad yells from downstairs. We all scramble around to grab our stuff and run downstairs. I hug my dad goodbye before going to my car. We all tumble out the door at once starting to walk to our cars.

"Hi Archer!" Cas yells as he walks out his door. He looks over and waves sheepishly before looking over to me. I pull my cardigan up on my shoulder, and get into my car without a second glance. Bella and the girls pull off first, then Jake and Jason then finally me. When we get to school we all go to individual classes. All of English was spent trying to avoid Archer's constant remarks and glances at me. After a while it got extremely aggravating.

"Harlow." He whispers and I snap my head to his direction.

"What the fuck do you want?" I demand in a hissing voice. Receiving multiple annoyed looks from other classmates. I glare at them and they quickly advert their eyes.

"Will you please just let me explain?" He pleads and I watch as Bella glances at us cautiously.

"You have nothing to explain Archer, God dammit. If you want to hang out with that skank go the fuck ahead I don't care." Yes you do. No I don't. Hun don't lie to yourself. "But if your fucking going to, don't bring me into." I didn't realize my voice had risen until Mrs. Elderberg turned to us.

"Miss. Grey, Mr. Chambers! Please leave my class, I am done with your constant interruptions!" She yells scornfully and I roll my eyes.

"And I'm done with having to see your nasty ass." I mumble as I grab my stuff.

"What was that!?" She yells and I laugh.

"Nothing your royal fucking highness!" I yell back, tossing my bag onto my shoulder and storm out. I walk down the hallway to the parking lot.

"Are you leaving?" He yells from behind me and I roll me eyes.

"Why do you fucking care?" I yell back before climbing onto the top of my car.

"Harlow will you please let me explain? You can't be mad at me for something that's not my fault." He reasons and I laugh sarcastically.

"Not your fault? You literally allowed the one person, who has literally made it her life goal to completely fuck up my life, to hang out with us like we're all fucking friends! Please explain why it's not your fault?!" I yell now fuming at him. He sighs running a hand through his hair.

"Look during fourth she kept coming at me. When she asked if I wanted to hang out with her at lunch and I told her I had plans. She invited herself and every time I tried to stop her she would interrupt me with some other dumb shit that was pretty fucking irrelevant. She followed me out to the cars, I never invited her to come with us. I know you and her don't get along and I'd never purposely hurt you like that. I hate seeing you like you were yesterday and I wish it wouldn't have gotten that far. I can deal with Bella, Jake, Jason, everyone being mad at me. But I can't have you mad at me." He says looking up at me and I frown pulling my knees up to my chest. I bury my face in my knees sighing. I feel the car shift slightly and his subtle presence next to me.

"I don't like opening myself up to new people Archer. So when something like that happens I don't really handle it well. I don't like being betrayed." I say my voice shaking. I didn't want to cry but I was so close to tears. He pulls me into him and I bury my head into his shoulder.

"I know I'm sorry." He says quietly. I begin crying into his shoulder. Not just crying full blown bawling.

"Archer I'm not gonna get better. I'm so done trying to get better. I'm gonna end up just like my dad and nothing's going to change. I don't want to deal with it anymore." I say between shaky breaths. Archer's hand rubs small circles on my back trying to calm me down.

"Calm down Harlow, everything's going to be fine. You're going to be fine okay? I know it's hard but your gonna be okay. I'm here and so is everyone else. Your not alone." He says softly and I begin to calm down slightly. Hiccuping now and then. "Do you just want to ditch today?" He asks and I laugh a little.

"Definitely." We both climb down from the car and get into our own. I drive to my house and go inside. I change into big grey sweatpants rolled at the waist and a black tank top. I pull my hair into a bun at the top of my head and walk back downstairs. As I fill a glass with water there's a knock at the door. I take my glass with me and open it to a box of pizza with breadsticks on top along with a liter of soda. Archer's head popped out from the side grinning.

"I brought food." He says obviously. I roll my eyes laughing and open the door wider for him to walk in. He sets the pizza on the coffee table along with the breadsticks. I bring two cups from the kitchen and with both sit on the couch. I pull my legs up so I'm criss-crossed and have my cup in the little space between my legs. We eat peacefully while watching some animated movie that I wasn't quite sure the name of. About half way through I started getting tired. I yawned, resting my head on Archer's shoulder. Watching the little characters move on the screen until my eyes drew close.

When I woke up there were several different voices yelling. I could distinctly hear Jason and Bella. I snapped my eyes open sitting up quickly. At first all I could see was Jason's mouth moving yelling at Archer and Bella looking sternly at Jason while yelling at him. It took me a while until I could register anything being said.

"If you don't get out of this fucking house I will personally show you the door!" Jason yells and Bella looks at him again with frustration.

"Jason stop yelling Jesus Christ! This isn't even your freaking house!" She yells her hands thrown out by her sides.

"Stay the fuck out of this Bella!" He yells and I finally find my voice.

"Wow what the fuck?" I ask looking from Jason to Bella.

"Why the fuck is he here Harlow? He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near you if he's gonna just try to fuck up your life!" He spits at Archer. Archer looks at Jason with a confused expression.

"Jason calm the fuck down. One, this is my house. I can have whoever the hell I want here. Two, everything's fine we talked earlier." I say setting my hands on my knees. Bella's face brightens at this information before looking sternly back at Jason.

"You." He says pointing at Archer. "Come with me." He says and they both walk out the room. Bella bounces happily over to me and sits on the couch.

"So are you guys official yet?" She asks smiling at me. I roll my eyes at her ridiculous assumption.

"No Bella." I say and she sighs pouting.

"We'll do you like him at least?" She asks and I blush a little. She shrieks bouncing up and down. "You so do!"

"Whatever it doesn't matter anyways. He wouldn't like someone like me. He needs a stable girlfriend, not a suicidal fucking manic." I sigh taking another drink of my soda. She sighs at me shaking her head.

"Har you're really not as bad as you portray yourself. Trust me I'm your best friend." She say fanning herself. I laugh pushing her slightly. The boys walk in and Bella gets up giving Archer his seat back.

"Harlow I'll talk to you later." Jason say walking out of the room. I scoff and Bella stalks after him.

"What was that all about?" I ask Archer and he gets just the slightest tinge of pink under his cheeks.

"Um nothing." He says quietly and I roll my eyes.

"Fine." I huff and for the rest of the day we just enjoy each other's company. Occasionally laughing at something on TV or fake fighting each other. I feel happy and light inside. And I really hope my feelings for this boy sitting in front of me don't progress to the point of no return.