Chapter 6// He would make it look easy.

We end up a few miles out of town sitting in an old diner eating ice cream from little glass dishes. The conversation has been light hearted not willing to end the happiness of right now. The carefree worry fluttering in our chest. I slide my ice cream free bowl away from me sitting back with a contempt look. He smiles and me holding back laughter clear in his eyes.

"What?" I ask him pulling my legs up and under me. He continues laughing.

"You've got a little something- here." He says leaning over and wiping mint ice cream from below my bottom lip. We both freeze at the sudden closeness. My cheeks burning with embarrassment. He sits back his neck red and his eyes sitting wide.

"Er... Thanks." I say taking a sip from my cherry soda.

"Yeah." He drags out and we begin a moment of horrid awkwardness. After a while of not talking with only the clinking of the different dishes in the back to keep us company. I decide to speak.

"So are you gonna tell me how you got sent out of Mrs. Elderberg's cavern of amazingness." I say my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Are you going to tell me what that note said?" He asked questioning me. I give him a 'are you serious?' Look and he laughs. "Well then it will be a mystery to us all." He says and I roll my eyes sticking my tongue out at him.

"Let's not forget my best friend is in that class. I can bribe it out of her." I say grinning widely. He shakes his head laughing.

"She won't. I, like the genius I am, told her not to." He says sitting back seeming happy with his response. I glare at him sitting back with my arms crossed. He just sits back and grins like a deranged psychopath.

"Whatever." I grumble as my phone rang. I looked over. Speak of the devil.

"Hello?" I say as I answer Bella's phone call.

"Harlow. Faith. Grey." Bella's voice booms over the phone. I hold it away, putting a finger gun to my temple and pretending to shoot myself. Archer laughs taking a drink. "Why was I called into the PRINCIPLE'S office. To be asked where you and Archer may have gone?"

"Maybe cause we ditched." I say slowly and I hear her shriek in frustration.

"What the ever loving ginger snaps!" She yells through the phone. I roll my eyes.

"You're my best friend and how you refuse to use cuss words are beyond me." I say sighing and shaking my head. "Say it with me Bells, 'why the fuck?' Ok? Can you try it?" I ask sarcastically.

"Do not try to change the subject missy." She says sternly. "Ugh Jason hold on I'm trying to talk to my best friend." She says and I laugh.

"Hey She's been my best friend since we were two!" I hear Jason shriek. Before his voice comes over the phone. "Har?"

"Jason." I say studying my black nails that needed to be repainted.

"I'm coming over after school." He says informing me.

"Ok cool." I say and I hear the phone being handed off again.

"If you ever take my phone again I will kick you in your no no parts." Bella growls at Jason. I laugh.

"Bella hun, balls nuts or dick, also work." I say as we decide to walk out of the diner. Archer, no matter how much I protested, decided to pay for both of us.

"Harlow where are you two?" She asks and I look at the name of the diner.

"Outside of Aunt Livy's." I say and I hear her squeal. Ugh I'm in so much trouble with her.