Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Jessica's POV:

I immediately went home. My father was probably out at city hall or something dealing with our town stuff. He was best friends with Tyler's dad.

I threw my bag across the room and screamed angrily while gripping my hair at the roots.

"Get it out, girl." Roxy said leaning in my doorway.

When she said that I slumped to the ground leaning on the back of my couch and placed my fist on my forehead before sobbing lightly.

"Shh, don't waste your tears." Roxy said rubbing my shoulder.

"I liked him so much." I cried wiping under my eye. God mascara was probably running down my face.

"I was just a game to him. Just a stupid bet. I don't even understand he is loaded with money! What could he do with a couple hundred dollars?" I asked.

"It's just a stupid game of who can get who. You know how boys and their egos are." She whispered.

"And Beau, he has been my best friend since I was wearing full on cowboy boots." I sighed shaking my head.

"Jess, Beau loves you like you were his little sister. If anyone looked at you wrong he was ready to break their neck. He probably had a reason."

"I always heard little whispers about a game and a bet but I thought everyone was crazy. I'm not even a person with feelings to them I'm just a prize with a vagina." I said clamping a hand over my eyes.

"You are more than a prize with a vagina you know that." She laughed.

"I liked him so much. I was falling for him so hard, I still like him but I can't. He's a college football prospect he will have girls clinging to him. I'm just a ditzy, small town girl to him."

"Hey, if he thinks that he can do so much better. Hell, I think celebrities will look twice at you."

"Thanks Rox." I smiled.

"You're welcome. Don't stress over Tripp stupid Mikaelson. My big sister always told me that boys shouldn't make your eyes wet, they should be making your pussy wet." She said with a straight face. I looked at her blankly for a few moments before we began dying with laughter

"Are you serious!?" I said crying with laughter.

"That's what she said! Mind you my sister is an exotic dancer." She said looking at the wall.

"Stop." I laughed.

"She is. She goes by 'Tasty'." She said.

"Like the girl from Orange Is The New Black?" I asked.

"No hers is spelt different...I think." She said whispering the last part.

"Girl, how are you in grade twelve?" I asked.

"Who knows. I don't even know how I did it." She shrugged. We laughed again until we heard a knock on my door.

"I got it." She assured. She stood up and opened the door to reveal Tripp and Beau breathless and panting.

"What do you two bone heads want?" Roxy snapped.

"Jess please let me explain. I will tell you everything." Tripp pleaded.

"And you! Waltzing in here all sweaty and hot with that tight shirt on? What's wrong with you? I'm trying to be mad at you." Roxy snapped trough gritted teeth.

"Tripp just took off runnin' so I followed him. You know you can't stay mad at me." Beau said winking at Roxy.

"I will just don't look at me." She said folding her arms. I looked up at Tripp and he knelt down in front of me and I glared at him.

"Church mouse let me explain. Please." He begged.

"Come on Beau. Let us give them five minutes. I want to hear you grovel for me." Roxy said bringing Beau outside. She shut the door and I turned back to Tripp angrily.

"You have five minutes." I said quietly.

"Okay, the first week I came here, Tyler and his dumb friends like Jeremy and Donovan, had this bucket and on it was Jessica Grey's Bet Bucket. Hell, I didn't even really know you at that point and they were pressuring me into adding money. I didn't want to make enemies on my first week especially with the guys I play with so I threw in ten bucks. Just to get them off my back. Beau confronted me in the parking lot after and I told him I didn't know where it was going with you because honestly, I didn't. You are so out of my league and I don't deserve your attention. I asked Tyler to erase my name from the list and to keep the money if he wanted because I wasn't in on the bet anymore. He got mad because I have you and I took his captain spot so, he changed the list making it look like I threw in one hundred dollars. You can ask Beau, Matty, Troy, and all the guys who don't like Tyler. I wouldn't do this to you. Tyler is just mad." He said. His brown eyes pleaded with mine as I stared at him. I could picture Tyler doing this simply because it is Tyler Wilkes. He has been trying to get with me since grade eight and I always turned him down.

The little shit did anything he wanted because he always got bailed out by his daddy.

"I believe you." I said quietly.

"Thank God." He whispered happily.

"I have to tell my father and then he will tell Tyler's dad. I will not have that bucket of money still alive and well." I promised.

"Are you sure his dad will go against him?"

"If he has the reverend, Beau, you, Matty, and over the half of the football team going against Tyler then he will have to."

"I'm so sorry." He whispered cupping my face with his palm.

"I was really upset." I said looking down.

"I know. I promise I will never do anything to make you that upset again." He promised.

"It made me upset because I am literally falling head over heels for you and I thought you didn't feel the same. That I was just a prize with a vagina to you."

He laughed and kissed my nose.

"A prize with a vagina. Isn't that creative." He laughed causing me to smile.

"Jessica, you had me when your father opened the door to this house and you stood there with those little cotton shorts on, a tank top with no bra, no makeup, and your hair in a messy bun. Ever since that morning, I knew you were the girl for me."

"You mean when I had my hair in a rats nest and bags under my eyes?"

"Nothing you do is ugly." He said brushing my hair back.

"So, you promise you aren't doing this to get into my pants?" I asked.

"I would never. You have more worth than that. The guys at school are assholes thinking you are just a little prize dangling in front of them." He said angrily. He clenched his fist and I took his hand in mine.

"Well anyone who does it now knows that Jessica Grey is my girl and Tripp Mikaelson will kick any guys' ass. No one looks at my girl like that." He promised and I smiled. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine softly. I lightly touched his jaw as he sucked my bottom lip into his mouth. He groaned in response and pulled back slightly.

"Those lips drive me insane." He said licking his lips as he stared at mine. I blushed and he leaned forward capturing my mouth in a kiss again. I gladly opened my mouth and his tongue wandered in almost like he was savouring the taste of my mouth. The door suddenly opened and Roxy poked her head in.

"That didn't take long. Shit, I owe Beau ten bucks now. Fuck." She cursed.

"I told you, Colt. Pay up loser." Beau snickered. Roxy grabbed a ten from her pocket and handed it to him, before he could grab it she stuffed the bill into her mouth.

"Want it now?"

"Yes, I still do. Trust me I know where that mouth has been and it doesn't bother me." He smirked.

"Beau!" I said disgusted.

"What? It's true, I'm not going to hide it. My mouth has been places too. We are all adults here, kiddies." He said and I cringed turning away and Tripp laughed while brushing back my hair again.

"We will tell the counsellor right away."