By the end I was shaking and wiping away some more tears. I noticed that I wasn’t the only one. I cleaned myself up and started following Leo.

“I’ll meet you at the car.” I whispered to him before hurrying away from him.

I got to the lobby and was making my way towards the entrance when some-one called my name. I groaned and turned around.

I saw Mike and Jason standing together, holding candy bars.

“Hey, guys.” I told them, walking towards them.

“Hey, Lils. What were you watching?” he asked me.

“Um… Harry Potter.” I told him.

“Ah, no wonder your make-ups running.” Jason said.

I laughed. “Look guys, I have to go. I’ll see you soon.”

“Wait, who did you come with?” Mike asked. “Macy told me she was working tonight.”

“Oh, just an old friend…” I muttered. “I have to go; he’s waiting for me at the car.”

For some reason I felt like if I carried on talking, something bad was going to happen.

“Okay, see you at school, tomorrow.”

“Bye.”

I hurried towards the car and noticed Leo was already sitting inside.

“Sorry, I got held up. Mike and Jason saw me.”

“What did they say?” He looked alarmed.

“Nothing much. They didn’t see you, don’t worry.” I told him. “Look, I have to go home. I should have been back half an hour ago.”

“Okay.”

He started driving and we talked about the movie and a lot of other random stuff. I knew he was trying to keep my mind off of the paranoia. He parked outside my house.

I reached over and gave him a kiss. “Thanks for tonight. I had fun… except for the… you know.”

“I know. Sleep tight, Lils.”

“Goodnight.”

“Night, love you.”

“Love you more.”

***

My alarm clock went off. I groaned and turned it off. I was exhausted. I couldn’t sleep last night; I kept having nightmares about us getting caught. As soon as I awoke I felt a sinking feeling at the pit of my stomach. Something bad was going to happen today.

I hurried to school and told Macy all about the date yesterday. Macy told me that I was silly for letting Leo take me there and that I shouldn’t have given in to it. I told her about how I felt once II woke up but he told me to forget it.

I chatted with Macy all the way to homeroom and we took our seats.

“Miss Worthington. The principal asked to see you in his office.” Mr Willow told me.

I frowned and looked at Macy. She sent me a confused look. I could feel the eyes of others on my back. I got up and started to walk out of the room.

I felt sick. Something bad was going to happen, I felt it. I hurried to principal’s room.

“Can I go through?” I asked Ms Larringer, the school secretary.

“Yeah, go ahead.” She told me.

I took a deep breath before hurrying through.

Oh no, oh no, oh no. Oh my gosh! We’re screwed!