He raised his eyebrow. “Girlfriend?”

So he hadn’t officially asked me to be his girlfriend but I really wanted to call him something other than ‘the teacher I like and now we have a thing going on between us’.

I blushed but nodded. “Yes, girlfriend. Have you decided yet?”

He grinned at me. “I pick girlfriend.”

I laughed and went to peck his lips but he deepened the kiss. We were getting pretty into it until there was a loud ‘ping’.

He laughed and pulled away. “Lasagne’s ready.”

I laughed and took his hand as he led me downstairs, still clutching my cardigan.

“I believe this is yours.” He said, handing me the cardigan as we entered the dining room. “Would you care for some dinner, Girlfriend?”

I laughed again. “I sure would, Boyfriend.”

He smiled brightly as I said the word. He pulled out a chair for me and tucked my chair in as I took a seat.

He set the table and then quickly handed out the plates before pulling his apron off. He opposite me and took my hand.

“Our first date.” I said quietly.

He smiled softly. “Yep, our first date.”

I beamed at him.

We dug into the food.

“Oh my gosh, this is really good. Where did you learn to cook?!”

He laughed. “Thanks, Mom made taught me to cook a load of stuff a week before I first moved out.”

“She did a good job! I can make simple dishes but never lasagne!”

He finished way before I did but waited patiently. When I finally did place my fork down he laughed.

“What? I like you savour my food.” I told him defensively.

“Alright then…” He chuckled again.

“So, what’s for dessert?” I asked.

He looked at me and frowned. “I hadn’t thought of that…”

“Hey! It’s our first date! There has to be dessert!” I teased.

He smirked at me. “Fine but you have to wash the dishes while I get desert ready.”

“Fair enough.” I got out of my seat and took the dishes to the sink.

 I washed all the dishes and the cutlery and placed them on the drying rack. I turned to take a peek at our dessert. I was surprised to see ice-cream with rainbow sprinkles and next to it was a slice of strawberry cheesecake.

I walked back to the dining table as he set the dish down in front of me.

I raised an eyebrow. “Sprinkles? Yeah, very manly.”

He chuckled. “Lizette loves sprinkles. She comes over every Friday so I have to have some of her food…”

I took a bite. “That’s so sweet. Why don’t you just go over and see her?”

“She lives with Lynette, you know my big sister. They live about an hour away.” He told me.

I frowned; things really didn’t add up…

“Why doesn’t she live with your parents?”

He blushed and looked down at the table. “My family’s kind of weird like that… Um… She doesn’t actually know that she’s my sister… I mean…”