I trailed of, not knowing what to say.

“I know; I’m pretty awesome like that.” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “You totally killed the mood.”

He chuckled as he parked the car. “Well, you’d better get home.”

I quickly pecked his cheek and hurried to the house.

Mom still wasn’t home yet.

I looked around the house but no-one seemed to be around.

“Anyone home?!” I called.

“We’re in the games room!” Melanie answered.

I hurried into the room to see George sitting on beanbag playing on his x-box and Melanie lying on a sofa bed as she was texting.

“Have you made tea yet?” I asked Melanie.

“No.” Melanie scoffed. “When do I ever cook food?”

I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. I searched the fridge and decided that sandwiches would be good enough until Mom was home to make dinner.

I made ham and cheese for George and I and I took out a protein shake for Melanie who was “watching her weight”.

“Guys! Come and get your food!” I called, placing the plates on the dining table.

George came and sat down next to me and Melanie sat across from us. 

Melanie eyed our food and then her small bottle. “Those look delicious! Make me one please, Lily.”

I rolled my eyes and within minutes I set down a plate for her.

“Thanks.”

I went back to my own sandwich and started to eat.

We made occasional small talk about school and then I washed the dishes as the two hurried back to the games room.

I joined them only to see them both still in their uniforms.

“Right, both of you upstairs. Now. Get changed and then you can play for as long as you want.” I ordered.

They both started to groan and protest.

“Go now. I mean it. You know how mad Mom gets when she sees we’re still in uniform.”

Still moaning and grumbling, I managed get them both to change.

Melanie went into her own room and I went and helped George into a random pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I quickly changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a long-sleeved sweater.

Hours had passed and there was still no sign of Mom. I’d kept an eye on the two before I put Melanie in charge of George as I went to my room.

I decided to change into my sweats and curl up in bed as I watched a movie. I hadn’t been paying much attention when I suddenly got a text.

Hey, Lils.

It was from an unknown number but I knew it was him.

Hey, Leo, what u up 2?

I texted him back before going back to my movie. Within a minute my phone vibrated in my hand.

Nothin much. Watchin' TV. I’m bored, wish u were here.

I smiled and hugged myself.

I’m feelin the same way. Wanna come over?

I didn’t bother to watch the movie; instead I waited for his reply.