“Okay, spill it.” He said, as I went to sit at on one of the desks at the front of the room.

“What?” I asked, innocently.

“I’m not stupid. Tell me what’s going on.” He told me, sitting on his own desk which was opposite me.

I rolled my eyes. “Nothing’s going on.”

“Stop lying. Tell me what’s up. You’ve clearly been distracted and you won’t even look at me.” He told me. “And you haven’t called me a jerk once today.”

I pulled my eyes away from the floor and looked into his smouldering blue eyes. I sighed. I might as well tell him; he’d find out sooner or later when Mom asked him to dinner.

“You really don’t remember me?” I asked childishly, in a small voice.

He frowned at me, clearly confused.

“It’s me! Lily, Lily Worthington?! Little Lily who was like your little sister?” I screamed, trying to jog his memory.

I couldn’t help it. It hurt me that he didn’t remember me but then again, I had forgotten all about him too.

He looked slightly alarmed but had no trace of understanding. “What are you on about?”

“Leo… It’s me! My Mom’s your Aunt Marissa? Your Mom is my Aunt Lindsey? They went to college together? We lived down the road from each other? We went on holiday to England together? You were thirteen and I was nine? Remember me? Leo? The little girl you called Lils?”

I was desperate now. I wanted him to remember me. He was like my big brother! How could he forget me?!

He frowned at me for a minute, speechless and confused. But suddenly his eyes widened. He looked stunned and looked me up and down, still completely dumbfounded.

“Holy shit.” Was all he could say.

I grinned. That was my Leo.

“You remember?” My voice suddenly cracked.

“Yeah, I flipping remember!” he yelled. “It’s you! It’s really you!”

I nodded, grinning up at him. “How is it that we ended up together, Leo?”

He got to his feet and pulled me into a sudden hug, wrapping his arms tightly around me. “I missed having you around, Lils.”

I was shocked at first but it filled me with warmth, sparks shooting through me.

I couldn’t help but hug him back. “You too, Leo. I cried a lot after we moved, you know that?”

He laughed. “You’re so different now! What happened to the nerdy girl with glasses that I used to know?”

“What happened to the kid with all the zits and was as lanky as stick?” I laughed into his chest.

He pulled away from the hug and held me at arm’s length. I heard him swear again.

I laughed. “Do you remember that night when we last saw each other? I was moving to L.A?”

He nodded, laughing again. “Yeah, you beat me at wrestling on the PS2…”

“Yeah and I couldn’t stop crying when it was time to go?” I asked. “Remember the promise I made you?”

Leo laughed. “Oh yeah! You promised that you’d be come back and find me so we could get married.”

“Who’d have thought that you’d end up as my teacher?” I smiled.

I don’t know why I brought it up but I felt as though I was obliged to.