Chapter One

"Why are we doing this?" Victoria asked you as she slumped down in the passenger seat, trying to let her brown locks cover her face and hide her from existence.

"Because the apartment is too bland for my liking and there's a lot of yard sales going on today. Isn't it better to get items already used and cheap then buying new and expensive ones?" you asked, taking your eyes off the road for a few minutes to cast a glance at the brunette beside you. You and Victoria had been friends since childhood and now that you two are fresh out of high school and are now college students you both chose to live together in a nice, cheap apartment. Okay nice is bit of an understatement as when you both had first moved in the place was filled with dust and bugs. But, after fixing it up for a week it became your twos home.

Though it was just missing a few things, one of those being color. The walls and furniture were both a bland milky white color and honestly it made you bored just looking at them. The manager, Nathan, refused to let you paint the walls and bring color into your guys' apartment. So you were left to go out and buy anything that would brighten the place up. Of course Victoria was against the idea, having a great dislike of leaving the apartment when she had a day off from work.

"I could be at home sleeping, but no you just have to go out and buy decorations. What are you going to buy anyways, huh?" Victoria asked, moving her hands around as she rolled her eyes and tilted her head back to stare up at the car ceiling as she slid even further down into her seat.

"First it's the middle of the afternoon so complaining about sleep is pointless and second I plan on getting anything really" you said, shrugging your shoulders. "Maybe a wall clock or a few paintings. Anything that has color to it, I'm getting tired of seeing the color white everywhere I go in that apartment" you said, mumbling the last part as you came to a stop. Victoria sat up, curious as to why you stopped before spotting the small two story house. In the yard where a couple of tables either covered with boxes of items or just random items themselves.

"Besides, who knows. Maybe you'll find something you want to buy as well" you said, flashing your friend a wide smile as you unbuckled and got out of the car. Victoria grumbled, making her voice high pitched as she repeated what you said while following after. There were already a few people walking around, studying the items the owners of the home were selling. The owners themselves were something to behold. In your opinion that is as you would peer at them every once in a while.

The tallest and mostly likely oldest of the group was a young man, who seemed obsessed with the color red. His hair, his eyes, and his clothes were nothing but the color red. The only part of him that wasn't that color was his skin. It was a very pale color and allowed the black bags under his eyes to stand out quite a lot. It made you wonder if he was ill with how disheveled his appearance looked as he stood behind one of the tables, looking on boredly.

Standing beside him was another man, who looked a little younger but that was probably due to his short height. He was dressed more nicely and just seemed almost afraid of the world around him as his green eyes looked at all the people walking around. As if scared they would jump at him. His skin was pale, but not as pale as the taller man beside him. What made him unique was his dark green hair and how his nose appeared almost yellow with how the light hit it.

It may have sounded silly, but you couldn't help but think of a bird when you looked at him. Then came the last one, who appeared to be a young child. His skin just like the others was pale as well and let his dark blue hair stand out. The hair was styled differently as his head was shaved on both sides leaving only the top part as it pointed upwards and curved back. Almost into a fluffy, short mohawk.

He was an adorable child as he ran around the yard, chasing after...you weren't sure what it was he was chasing. Probably something he created in his imagination or a flying insect. With a shake of your head and a wide smile you scanned the items on the tables as you looked for something of interest to catch your attention. You didn't care if you didn't find any decorations to buy here, there were plenty of other yard sales and even old antique shops around that you could look in. Looking back, you snickered as Victoria trudged behind you, pouting like a small child.