Chapter 11

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

This was it. The day I died. Well, morning, but I was still terrified. I guess the only good thing about being killed was that I was going to be with Kion up in the sky.

I looked around, every animal was staring me down, along with the Lion Guard and King Simba, who was staring me down with the rest of the animals, all the while comforting Nala, who was crying on his shoulder and Kiara who was crying between her Dad's front paws.

"(Y/N)," Simba said to me. "You are here tried with treason for the killing of my son..."

I shook my head. "But your highness! It wasn't me! I promise!"

Simba shook his head. "Don't try and deny, (Y/N). We have a witness."

Both of our gazes fell on Fuli, who was frowning and glaring right at me.

"Rhinos," Simba proclaimed to the two rhinos on my sides. "Are you ready?"

My body started to shake. I couldn't get up. I was tied to the two rhinos horns, so I was stuck to the hard ground.

The two rhinos then slowly walks backwards, creating space between them.

"On my signal, you ram her."

Now, I was shaking so hard, I couldn't feel any part of my body. "Please! No!"

My eyes leaked tears, but I quickly closed them so no animal would see.

"Ready..."

My heart dropped.

"...and..."

My eyes started leaking again. I couldn't hold it anymore. Letting myself go, I cried hard, bracing myself.

"...G-"

"WAIT!"

I soon heard everyone gasp and someone crying even more.

"Don't kill her!"

Wait, was that? No, it couldn't be. He was dead...wasn't he?

"But I thought she..." Simba started. "She didn't..." The younger cub said.

"It was Janja." Jasiri said. "(Y/N) is innocent."

"Oh..." Simba looked at the two rhinos. "Let her go."

Feeling my legs being let go, I sighed, but kept my eyes closed while tears still came down my cheeks.

"(Y/N)?" I felt someone lick my cheek and I squinted my eyes open, only to see a little bit of golden brown and red.

"It's me, (Y/N). It's your Kion."

My eyes fully opened and the figure turned into Kion.

"K-Kion?" I slowly sat up. "I-Is it really y-you?"

The lion cub nodded and licked my cheek again. "It's me, (Y/N). I promise."

I smiled as fresh tears came down and I nuzzles into his chest. "I-I thought I l-lost you..."

He shook his head and returned the smile. "I would never leave you."

I looked at him and blushed as I licked his nose.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

I sniffled and nuzzled Kion again, feeling safer than I had ever felt.

"I love you too, Kion. And thank you."

He looked at me confused. "For what?"

I smiled at him. "For being here right on time."

He chuckled. "So, still think we can't be together?"

I blushed. "Nope. I know we can be together."